Pc Amplifier

Pc Amplifier
Posted on: 21.10.2013 by Jeanie Schwentker
I have non-powered speakers that I want to hook up to my PC and I'm not sure the best way to go about this. Right now I have and old 5.1 receiver that someone gave me, but since I am only using 2 speakers I am not getting much bass from it I'm guessing because of no subwoofer.
Jeanie Schwentker
I have non-powered speakers that I want to hook up to my PC and I'm not sure the best way to go about this. Right now I have and old 5.1 receiver that someone gave me, but since I am only using 2 speakers I am not getting much bass from it I'm guessing because of no subwoofer.
Dannie Dimora
Try to set it in 2.0 mode
that way all the info will go to the speakers and the lfe channel should in theory stay silent
Jeanie Schwentker
I have the already have it setup like that, my problem is because its a 5.1 receiver i'm not getting much bass through the left and right speakers. Some receivers allow you to turn off the subwoofer if you don't have one so the bass then gets sent to other speakers from what I have been told.
Libbie Orion
the hell are you doing man? lol this sounds like a mess waiting to happen. Sorry

ok never mind that the receiver is a 5.1 surround. (Fugget-a-bout-it)
You need to hook up the audio OUTPUT from your computer
to the INPUT of the receiver.
Its your receiver that has a built in amp and therefore sends a more powered signal to your speakers.

But im going to tell you right now. You are going to hear a hum you cant get rid of. Its call an earth loop.
Your going to be connecting too many devices that you cant add additional GROUNDING to so just be ready for that.

Go to radio shack and get a cable that goes from your PC headphones plug (i believe its a MALE STEREO 35mm)
and you need to have it turn into a Dual RCA MALE which for more recievers is how you INPUT audio from an external source

Look on the back of your recvr. There should be a couple connections called INPUT
They are most likely RCA's and you need to send a LEFT / RIGHT signal to them
Not a STEREO LEFT and a STEREO RIGHT to them

<< Back to Producer tips and DAW informationReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy