Rane SL1 on USB 3.0 Port

Home :: Anything on the Serato :: Rane SL1 on USB 3.0 PortReply
Rane SL1 on USB 3.0 Port
Posted on: 13.06.2012 by Dorie Scelzo
I'd be using a Mac, but I don't believe anyone will have tried that yet.

Anyone using an SL1 with a USB 3.0 port on PC? Issues?
Hyman Werness
Originally Posted by audiolive
The SL1 was discontinued because it is incompatible with the latest Macs. It will work fine on pc USB 3
Not true... using a brand new (mid 2012) 13" MBP with USB 3.0 and it works perfectly.
Cristian Carmona
Originally Posted by mostapha
Okay…since people can't answer this, I'm probably just going to bring my Maschine and SL1 into an Apple store. If the Maschine can control garage band, I'll assume it'll work. Not sure how to test the SL1 without installing software, though………
i took my SL-3 to a apple store and they installed SSL on their computer to test it out.
Luella Mckenrick
It works fine on my early 2011.
Ditto
Dorie Scelzo
I'd be using a Mac, but I don't believe anyone will have tried that yet.

Anyone using an SL1 with a USB 3.0 port on PC? Issues?
Dewey Melchi
SL1 works on USB3.0 - chiming in because I'm bored.
Rena Estabrook
Some really weird shit just occurred that I can't explain. After a reboot, Serato started normally with my 57SL. After ending my session, I went through a series of turning off/on the mixer, connecting/disconnecting the USB cable, and restarting Serato. Sure enough, it did not reconnect. With Serato open, I plugged in the cable from my SL1. It took unusually long but it connected. It worked everytime I disconnect and reconnected the USB cable. So, I figure, it's something specific to the 57SL. For the hell of it, I connected the 57SL and it worked. Disconnected and reconnected a few more times and it worked everytime. What the hell?
Rena Estabrook
Good info. I have to try this with my SL1.
Hyman Werness
And i just got the base model... with education pricing and 100 mac app gift card i put towards logic pro!!!
Dorie Scelzo
Sweet. Thank you for answering my original question.
Hyman Werness
Originally Posted by audiolive
The SL1 was discontinued because it is incompatible with the latest Macs. It will work fine on pc USB 3
Not true... using a brand new (mid 2012) 13" MBP with USB 3.0 and it works perfectly.
Dorie Scelzo
Okay…cool. That at least gives hope. I believe the 57 is a USB 1.1 device, which means it's probably pretty close to the same hardware of the SL1. Yay. I might not have to do anything.
Rena Estabrook
When it's working, it keeps working. When I unplug the USB cable, Serato may not recognize the 57SL hardware when I reattach the USB cable.
Dorie Scelzo
Does it fail after a while or is it one of the "if it starts working, it keeps working" kinds of things?
Rena Estabrook
It works fine when it's recognized. Haven't noticed any other issue.
Dorie Scelzo
That could just be the normal lion USB audio glitches……which is fine for something I wouldn't use for a gig unless I really had to.

Does it work when it's recognized?
Rena Estabrook
Recently picked up a 2012 Macbook Pro with USB 3.0 and Lion OSX. At times, Serato does not pick up the 57SL hardware. Unplug/replug the cable and restarting Serato doesn't help. Reboot required. Never had this problem on my 2009 Macs with Snow Leopard.
Dorie Scelzo
Wait, really? Nice. When was that?
Cristian Carmona
Okay…since people can't answer this, I'm probably just going to bring my Maschine and SL1 into an Apple store. If the Maschine can control garage band, I'll assume it'll work. Not sure how to test the SL1 without installing software, though………
i took my SL-3 to a apple store and they installed SSL on their computer to test it out.
Dorie Scelzo
Luella Mckenrick
Ditto
Dorie Scelzo

I'm looking at an upgrade and debating between a new Air or the last generation of high-end 13" Pros.
Claude Koveleski

<< Back to Anything on the SeratoReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy