moving from tsp2 to serato a few concerns

Home :: Anything on the Serato :: moving from tsp2 to serato a few concernsReply
moving from tsp2 to serato a few concerns
Posted on: 09.05.2012 by Golden Faubert
Ok so im making the jump from traktor to serato as ive been using a colleagues here and there and if im being honest im really starting to prefer it. My only concerns are whether or not it would be stable. Im ready to order tomorrow, my specs are: hp g62, 2.27ghz i3, 8gb ram, 60gb ssd (os) 500gb 7200rpm hdd (drive bay music), win 7 64bit. fully optimised and running sweeeet

does anyone here use similar specs, i'll be buying an sl2.
Golden Faubert
Originally Posted by wampaone
the only reason i started out with one is the visual aid... completely deaf in my right ear about 30% in the left. since birth. but i've been honing my ear/ skill to the point where by Christmas I wont need it any more!!!
christ now thats an achievement!! nice one mate, back to the original issues, i had the same hiccups as everyone else with my hp, but i just turned ALL updates off, i know its not recommended but it has been running absolutely sweet... HOWEVER i have just bought a 13.3 unibody, yes its a downgrade processor wise but its getting my sad and 8gb ram in it by tomorrow and we'll see how things go tomorrow evening
Cristian Carmona
I kept it I'd say fairly clean and all were analyzed to be honest It happened back in February THE DAY after i updated my windows service pack. probly has been fixed on Rane/Serato side since then, but i wanted a MBPRO for various other reasons as well, production being on the top of the list!! and it was more than just a screen hiccup it was a serato encountered a problem and needs to be shut down. i.e. no sound was being sent any more dance floor empty ;(
that sucks man, my biggest concern with the screen freeze when loading a track was what stopped me from using SSL for a long time. As far as the audio stopping, now that just plain sucks, Im not on a PC lappy so I havent ran into that problem. Overall SSL is ver stable, ive had only a few problems with SSL but it didnt stop be from using it at a gig. I did have to do a reboot with the 57 a couple of times, but I always carry a couple of vinyl to play.
Hyman Werness
Originally Posted by DJ JesC
Thats a known video bug, it gets stuck every now and then when loading a track, make sure your tracks are analysed, and kept tidy, def frag or repair disk on ur OS. Havent seen the screen hiccup in the 2.x verisons lately.
I kept it I'd say fairly clean and all were analyzed to be honest It happened back in February THE DAY after i updated my windows service pack. probly has been fixed on Rane/Serato side since then, but i wanted a MBPRO for various other reasons as well, production being on the top of the list!! and it was more than just a screen hiccup it was a serato encountered a problem and needs to be shut down. i.e. no sound was being sent any more dance floor empty ;(
Cristian Carmona
I have a G72, and serato did the same thing to me 2x in a live 1 hr set back in Jan, I was chatting with John B over twitter and he laughed and said thats cuz your're on a windows... go MAC. so i did recently just grab the new 13" MBPro base model and it works flawlessly 6 hours the other day no hiccups whatsoever, it even analyzed my tracks about 4x faster than the HP. Why didn't i do this sooner!!!!
Thats a known video bug, it gets stuck every now and then when loading a track, make sure your tracks are analysed, and kept tidy, def frag or repair disk on ur OS. Havent seen the screen hiccup in the 2.x verisons lately.
Hyman Werness
Originally Posted by brian_johnstone
ok so a little update... serato ran absolutely fine for the majority of the evening . i played it safe and kept latency at 5ms... HOWEVER i did have one serious issue. I dropped a track onto deck b at about 2am, and the entire program froze up, music from deck a continued to play however i could not change the track on B. it was as if the track i was trying to load was stuck to the mouse. the program just stopped responding. Luckily i had a spare cdj set up toevening with a mix cd cued up incase i had issues. I just mixed into it and restarted the laptop. However once i restarted i tried to drop the same track onto the same deck and it was fine. has anyone else encountered this problem?? the file is analysed, not corrupt and like i said played fine after the restart???
I have a G72, and serato did the same thing to me 2x in a live 1 hr set back in Jan, I was chatting with John B over twitter and he laughed and said thats cuz your're on a windows... go MAC. so i did recently just grab the new 13" MBPro base model and it works flawlessly 6 hours the other day no hiccups whatsoever, it even analyzed my tracks about 4x faster than the HP. Why didn't i do this sooner!!!!
Breanne Penge
Ok so im making the jump from traktor to serato as ive been using a colleagues here and there and if im being honest im really starting to prefer it. My only concerns are whether or not it would be stable. Im ready to order tomorrow, my specs are: hp g62, 2.27ghz i3, 8gb ram, 60gb ssd (os) 500gb 7200rpm hdd (drive bay music), win 7 64bit. fully optimised and running sweeeet

That looks fine to me, I have lower specs (2.4 ghz, 2GB ram) and am running pretty low (2ms) latency with no problems.
One of the great things about serato imo. Seems to work very well, with no major over head
Golden Faubert

Golden Faubert
the only reason i started out with one is the visual aid... completely deaf in my right ear about 30% in the left. since birth. but i've been honing my ear/ skill to the point where by Christmas I wont need it any more!!!
christ now thats an achievement!! nice one mate, back to the original issues, i had the same hiccups as everyone else with my hp, but i just turned ALL updates off, i know its not recommended but it has been running absolutely sweet... HOWEVER i have just bought a 13.3 unibody, yes its a downgrade processor wise but its getting my sad and 8gb ram in it by tomorrow and we'll see how things go tomorrow evening
Hyman Werness
Cristian Carmona
wamp, just setup the laptop off to the side. the visaul aids help but it turns into a nasty habit.
Hyman Werness
Myself im trying to move away from a dvs altogether cuz i dont want to be staring at a screen instead of interacting with the crowd, but i dont own cdjs or a ton of vinyl yet so i am Very happy with my 13" macbook pro i bought last week!!! Runs SSL so so smooth!!! And i love it in HID mode using my buddy's cdj850's.
Cristian Carmona
that sucks man, my biggest concern with the screen freeze when loading a track was what stopped me from using SSL for a long time. As far as the audio stopping, now that just plain sucks, Im not on a PC lappy so I havent ran into that problem. Overall SSL is ver stable, ive had only a few problems with SSL but it didnt stop be from using it at a gig. I did have to do a reboot with the 57 a couple of times, but I always carry a couple of vinyl to play.
Hyman Werness
Originally Posted by DJ JesC
Cristian Carmona
Hyman Werness
ok so a little update... serato ran absolutely fine for the majority of the evening . i played it safe and kept latency at 5ms... HOWEVER i did have one serious issue. I dropped a track onto deck b at about 2am, and the entire program froze up, music from deck a continued to play however i could not change the track on B. it was as if the track i was trying to load was stuck to the mouse. the program just stopped responding. Luckily i had a spare cdj set up toevening with a mix cd cued up incase i had issues. I just mixed into it and restarted the laptop. However once i restarted i tried to drop the same track onto the same deck and it was fine. has anyone else encountered this problem?? the file is analysed, not corrupt and like i said played fine after the restart???
Dewey Melchi
SSL trumps Traktor in stability. Don't even need a Mac to agree with that.
Golden Faubert
i found the issue to the problem i had, there were some corrupt files in my library... really old tracks that i ripped from cd a long time ago. luckily they arent songs that i have layed recently and would probably never use them again so i have just deleted them.

I do have to say though, i am did enjoy the 'dark side' a great deal... everything in the software just felt so much smoother without any delays/lagging. Im really looking forward to using it and feel confident that once i get my library in order (last evening was really rushed so the issues were my own fault really) everything will be sweet.

so @ dj lotus... go for it, make the switch, i dont thnk you'll regret it.
Luella Mckenrick
I have yet to this day never had a problem with Serato, it just works. Traktor used to feel like a Windows PC to me i was always having to sort something out and trouble shoot bits and bobs, Serato is just like my mac, it just works.
Golden Faubert
Golden Faubert
no theres not that i know of but ill keep you posted. traktor crashed on me twice last friday evening .
Ira Alsadi
I've been contemplating the same move and actually have a g62 as well. Keep us posted.

I can't deal with the instability of Traktor anymore. I don't believe there is a import app yet so redoing all my cue points is not something I am looking forward too.
Golden Faubert
haha ive been having a few issues with traktor recently, and believe that my sound card may be on its way out, so thought i'd give it a go.. if i dont get on with serato i know at leat the resale value is brilliant and can always go back and get a new ni card
Cristian Carmona
specs look fine. welcome to the dark side
Golden Faubert
thanks for the response.. its encouraging to hear which version of serato software are you using?
Breanne Penge

That looks fine to me, I have lower specs (2.4 ghz, 2GB ram) and am running pretty low (2ms) latency with no problems.
One of the great things about serato imo. Seems to work very well, with no major over head

<< Back to Anything on the SeratoReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy