Need help, first time playing on cdjs & serato tomorrow

Home :: Anything on the Serato :: Need help, first time playing on cdjs & serato tomorrowReply
Need help, first time playing on cdjs & serato tomorrow
Posted on: 11.07.2012 by Cherryl Aghazarian
My buddy said I could dj for a little while on his setup at this local bar. not wanting to turn down any chance to gain experience to play in front of people I took the offer. only problem is I've never actually played using either devices. I dont even know what kind of mixer he's using lol. Also ill be using an external hd to play my music.

But I just want to get the basics down, enough so I can do your basic mixing and not crash anything.

Not that it really matters but I dj using an s4 and Traktor 2.0, but beat match by ear.
Halley Wurzer
Originally Posted by DJKyleHughes
You should be fine. It's pretty straight forward if you can beatmatch by ear.
Yup.
Cherryl Aghazarian
My buddy said I could dj for a little while on his setup at this local bar. not wanting to turn down any chance to gain experience to play in front of people I took the offer. only problem is I've never actually played using either devices. I dont even know what kind of mixer he's using lol. Also ill be using an external hd to play my music.

But I just want to get the basics down, enough so I can do your basic mixing and not crash anything.

Not that it really matters but I dj using an s4 and Traktor 2.0, but beat match by ear.
Cherryl Aghazarian
lol just my luck, finished work with 30 minutes before i go to the bar, i try to register to download SSL and I'm not getting the automatic reply email confirmation. lol. Oh well, cheers!
Julissa Serrone
30-40 songs will take 2 minutes if you do it while NOT playing. Download SSL Its FREE, and analyze your tracks on your computer. The info is stored on the mp3 itself not your computer. So when you plug in your drive all your songs are good to go.
Cherryl Aghazarian
Damn wish I saw this earlier, howw long would it take to analyze 30-40 songs when I get there. also Theres a chance ill get there while he's mid set.

Thanks!
Cristian Carmona
you'll be fine, as mentioned before, DL serato, build crate or playlist, ananlyse tracks, drop cue point and mix by ear and use the side by side wave forms as a Visual Sync aid.
Audrey Pinda
You can download Serato to analyze your files as well. There's a way of doing it so that you're stuff will be 100% ready to go, even if you haven't used it before. (If you get SSL without the hardware attached, you can still mess about with it but only one deck is effective).

Worth checking out and messing with if nothing else, and I highly suggest analyzing the files ahead of time if at all possible.
Halley Wurzer
Originally Posted by DJKyleHughes
Yup.
Noriko Lebowitz

<< Back to Anything on the SeratoReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy