Novation Dicer Issue with SL3

Home :: Anything on the Serato :: Novation Dicer Issue with SL3Reply
Novation Dicer Issue with SL3
Posted on: 05.07.2012 by Ariel Chatwin
Hi Guys, anyone else using Dicers with SL3? I bought a pair to go with my Serato but I cannot get them to work or respond at all. I've tried everything, plugged them in, fired up Serato and they light up but absolutely nothing happens when I press the dice. The only thing I can do is scroll through the 3 different modes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Wb.
Stefania Herb
Originally Posted by DJ JesC
i mess with my buddies when they are playing at clubs and switch the deck to ABS when they are not looking.
thats brilliant... id love to pull that trick but all my mates use traktor with tha pioneer djs-1xr omega jog wheely button knob special edition thinga ma jig
Cristian Carmona
Originally Posted by Hoodless
cant believe every one of us missed that..
i mess with my buddies when they are playing at clubs and switch the deck to ABS when they are not looking.
Ariel Chatwin
Hi Guys, anyone else using Dicers with SL3? I bought a pair to go with my Serato but I cannot get them to work or respond at all. I've tried everything, plugged them in, fired up Serato and they light up but absolutely nothing happens when I press the dice. The only thing I can do is scroll through the 3 different modes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Wb.
Audrey Pinda
I actually learned using ABS mode, because my buddy who uses Serato whom I initially learned from... uses it. I wasn't doing anything fancy and didn't believe anything of it until I got my Dicers honestly.

You can set "Absolute Drop in Relative Mode" or something like that in your settings. Best of both worlds IMO anyhow, because usually that's what I was using absolute mode for most of the time anyhow. Otherwise, it can be annoying restarting tracks or trying to quickly get to a different portion of a track if you don't have cuepoints setup.

... and yeah, I can't believe we all missed that.
Stefania Herb
Originally Posted by DJ JesC
thats brilliant... id love to pull that trick but all my mates use traktor with tha pioneer djs-1xr omega jog wheely button knob special edition thinga ma jig
Cristian Carmona
Originally Posted by Hoodless
Jacquie Whipp
Yes, cue points and looping in Scratch Live (and most other DVSs) only work in Relative (or Internal) mode.

Absolute has to follow the control signal position 1:1 always. So you can't use cue points or loops/rolls in Absolute mode as this would break the "physics" of how/why Absolute mode works.
Stefania Herb
tbh honest i dont see that he ever mentioned he was in ABS mode, and i seriously dont know alot of serato users that do use it as it limits the functionality of the software
Dione Haimes
Stefania Herb
you have to use REL mode to use the loops and loop roll effect... but if you go into setup in SSL,there is a setting to start at the beginning of the track when you load it to a deck. tbh if youre using cdjs this should be a breeze for ya
Ariel Chatwin
Thanks for the advice fellas. I played about a bit more on Saturday evening and got them to work. I'm using Serato with CDJ's in Absolute Mode and it seems the dicers won't work unless I switch to Relative. Is this the way it should be? I just believe that ABS mode is much better for cueing the start of a track on the CDJ.

Regards, Mark.
Audrey Pinda
Yeah, I can honestly say I've never run into that issue with my dicers. It sounds like the software isn't recognizing the hardware correctly, meaning it's most likely some form of a connection issue.

Are you plugging them into a USB hub perchance? That might cause issue, I don't know.
Ariel Chatwin
Thanks for the advice guys! I've tried everything. Plugged them in before & after I start SL3 etc . The dicer pads only seem to half light up. Certainly not as bright as I've seen in videos etc. I have a gig toevening so I will try again one last time then if it doesn't work I'll contact the supplier about a refund.

Ps files are all correctly analyzed.

Cheers, Mark.
Stefania Herb
i completely forgot about that, if you havent analyzed ur files, then the loop and loop roll function wont work
Dione Haimes
Try setting some cue points with the dicers (red), if that works then the dicers ARE responding, you just have to analyze your tracks for loop roll and looping
Stefania Herb
i always plug my dicers in after i start serato, im not sure if that matters but always safe than sorry
Ira Alsadi
Sounds like a bad connection and your comp isn't recognizing them. Not too uncommon. Try wiggling the plug at the Dicer around. You may need a new one.
Ariel Chatwin
Hi, thanks for the quick reply. I can set cue points manually within scratch but i haven't tried to set them using the dicers. I plugged them in before I started ssl and neither looping or loop roll work either!
Stefania Herb
they are natively mapped to ssl, are you saying you cant set cue points either? and youve tried the loop roll, and loop function as well with a track playing? are you plugging them in before or after you start ssl

<< Back to Anything on the SeratoReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy