DJM 250 + Vestax VFX-1

Home :: Anything on the Serato :: DJM 250 + Vestax VFX-1Reply
DJM 250 + Vestax VFX-1
Posted on: 08.07.2012 by Cira Swanda
Hey guys, I had a quick question. I currently own a VCI-300 and VFX-1 and am looking into my first set of Technics and SSL. I rarely use effects in my mixing and am on a tight budget, so will something like a VFX-1 (which I already own) and a cheaper mixer like the DJM 250 be compatible with the Serato Scratch Live? The DJM 250 along with many other mixers are going for under $300 along with SSL 1 for $300-350 in Los Angeles.

Rane mixers are a little out of my budget and would rather save up for reliable technics instead of home projects that need fixing up.

(if this is in the wrong community I apologize)
Cira Swanda
Hey guys, I had a quick question. I currently own a VCI-300 and VFX-1 and am looking into my first set of Technics and SSL. I rarely use effects in my mixing and am on a tight budget, so will something like a VFX-1 (which I already own) and a cheaper mixer like the DJM 250 be compatible with the Serato Scratch Live? The DJM 250 along with many other mixers are going for under $300 along with SSL 1 for $300-350 in Los Angeles.

Rane mixers are a little out of my budget and would rather save up for reliable technics instead of home projects that need fixing up.

(if this is in the wrong community I apologize)
Audrey Pinda
Honestly the VFX-1 that you already have... that's perfect. I've thought about getting one (as I've thought about getting a VCI-300 for ease just for house parties and such).

Also, I'd wait a bit before you pull a trigger on a mixer. A lot of SL1 boxes are going for $250-$300 these days. And I can personally attest for getting a Rane TTM-56 for $250 on craigslist.

So getting what you really want, for cheaper than you might pay otherwise, is still an option. If you're willing to wait and be patient and watch CL like a hawk
Dione Haimes
Youve got it bang on the head, as long as you have a hardware mixer and a serato scratch box (SL1/2/3/4) you can use serato, the VFX would just be used for launching FX.

If you can get the 250 and an sl1 for $350 thats a steal! especially with the 250's filters. get yourself your technics. then at some point punt the 250 and get yourself a rane the 56/57 are indestrucatble and youll be able to find quite cheap on cl.

<< Back to Anything on the SeratoReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy