Too lazy to plug in NS7, how to emulate?

Home :: Anything on the Serato :: Too lazy to plug in NS7, how to emulate?Reply
Too lazy to plug in NS7, how to emulate?
Posted on: 13.08.2012 by Alvin Docteur
I have an NS7 but unless I'm performing or practicing, I don't really need it plugged in. Has anyone found a way to enable fully functional ITCH without having the controller plugged in?

I mean, I'm organizing crates, trying music out, I want to be able to play 2 songs at once and at least see if they sound good together.

I have the device if there's any way to "record" the signature of it being plugged in and "play" it back for ITCH.
Alvin Docteur
I have an NS7 but unless I'm performing or practicing, I don't really need it plugged in. Has anyone found a way to enable fully functional ITCH without having the controller plugged in?

I mean, I'm organizing crates, trying music out, I want to be able to play 2 songs at once and at least see if they sound good together.

I have the device if there's any way to "record" the signature of it being plugged in and "play" it back for ITCH.
Jason Kruml
not possible. your trying to circumvent the fundamental copy protection of the Serato platform. Basically, serato uses hardware controllers as the dongle to protect its software.
In order to circumvent the dongle, you would need to either crack the software or build a usb thumb drive that emulated a piece of their hardware.

HAVING SAID ALL OF THAT: Get a wireless usb extender.
Alvin Docteur
My goal is to not have any controller plugged in while I'm sitting on my couch vs. being on the 3rd floor in my full studio. Again, I am VERY lazy.
Latia Sotak
Buy a cheap controller that uses Serato's "Intro" software. (Numark Mixtrack Pro / Reloop Terminal mix 2 / Vestax Typhoon) It will recognise the same crates / music library as itch.

If you just need something basic to see how mixes sound, that would do the job nicely.
Alvin Docteur
One thought I just had was to plug in the NS7 and check how it appears in the MIDI Setup program (Mac OS X). You can create any device there with any info. So maybe if I just copy it in, the computer will believe it's there?
Deanne Limes
i don't believe so dude :|

<< Back to Anything on the SeratoReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy