Migrate from Traktor?

Home :: Anything on the Serato :: Migrate from Traktor?Reply
Migrate from Traktor?
Posted on: 02.09.2012 by Jamila Citino
I am believeing ahead on this one. Right now I own a Traktor Kontrol S2 and while in general I am satisfied with TP2.5 (other than the CPU/clipping issues introduced in that version) I always want to compare and contrast. I might make a move to vinyl and since most US clubs are setup for Serato I might take a stab at that if I can net me a Rane and SL1200s.

Is there any migration paths from NI to Serato? Or is this a start-from-scratch effort?
Julissa Serrone
Originally Posted by ParisCreative
Interesting stuff. Since you started on Traktor what were the big differences you encountered? Were there things that you missed switching? Is library management similar?

I went to try to download and install SSL since I found someone found a hack to get a S2/S4 working in it, but since I am using Mt. Lion it won't install because of Gatekeeper.
http://community .djranking s.com/showthr...ghlight=serato

check out an old post on switching to SSL.

As for your S2/S4 you won't be able to use it. Konix put up a vid where he mapped the jogs but that's about it. To use SSL you need the Rane box (SL1,2,3,4). What you download for free is just the off line player with one deck. Also Serato has NO internal mixing like traktor does so if you map a controller to it somehow it needs to also be a stand alone mixer.
Jamila Citino
I am believeing ahead on this one. Right now I own a Traktor Kontrol S2 and while in general I am satisfied with TP2.5 (other than the CPU/clipping issues introduced in that version) I always want to compare and contrast. I might make a move to vinyl and since most US clubs are setup for Serato I might take a stab at that if I can net me a Rane and SL1200s.

Is there any migration paths from NI to Serato? Or is this a start-from-scratch effort?
Julissa Serrone
Originally Posted by ParisCreative
Interesting stuff. Since you started on Traktor what were the big differences you encountered? Were there things that you missed switching? Is library management similar?

I went to try to download and install SSL since I found someone found a hack to get a S2/S4 working in it, but since I am using Mt. Lion it won't install because of Gatekeeper.
http://community .djranking s.com/showthr...ghlight=serato

check out an old post on switching to SSL.

As for your S2/S4 you won't be able to use it. Konix put up a vid where he mapped the jogs but that's about it. To use SSL you need the Rane box (SL1,2,3,4). What you download for free is just the off line player with one deck. Also Serato has NO internal mixing like traktor does so if you map a controller to it somehow it needs to also be a stand alone mixer.
Celine Surico
If you bring your own laptop it's more of a matter what CDJs support what version of Traktor, so you should not miss anything.
Jamila Citino

Julissa Serrone
start from scratch brother. I do not know of any software that will transfer over your playlists, cue points, loops, etc.

I read your other post about gear. I'll add that a few years back I had not DJ'd for about 10 years....so wanting a fun hobby to mess around with I bought a VCI-100 and Traktor. It was cool and fun, but something was missing so i ended up getting some 1200's. I bought and sold tons of gear trying to figure out what was "fun" for me. Eventually I started landing some good club gigs here in Miami and jumped on Serato for the same reason. I have not looked back, in fact I recently sold my Audio 8.

I have an SSL set up at home with 1200's, and I bring my SSL card to the clubs and play on whatever is there. If I want to play for friends (BBQ, Pool party, etc) any Itch controller (and you can find a use VCI-300 for under 300 bucks these days) and I'm set. SSL and Itch share the same libraries.

I enjoy SSL MUCH more, and I've used a VCI, an S4, a DVS, a Xone 42 + 2 X1's......and really nothing is as fun as SSL and two 1200's.

<< Back to Anything on the SeratoReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy