Itch vs. Traktor, which should I choose?

Home :: Anything on the Serato :: Itch vs. Traktor, which should I choose?Reply
Itch vs. Traktor, which should I choose?
Posted on: 21.08.2012 by Christena Fobbs
I know this has been talked about before but with recent updates to both, Itch getting SP-6 and the VCI 380 added to it's arsenal, I wanted to ask for some fresh perspective. For someone that wants to be a club dj but still do some performance tricks (live edits, remixing, and effects), what is the better option?

I ask considering a VCI-380 with Itch vs. a VCI-400 EGE with Traktor.

Thanks !
Maisha Lutcher
Originally Posted by Bassline Brine
I've seen a move of people recently moving to Traktor in my area, over Serato. Personally though, I still use Serato. Because it's simple and generally speaking, just works.

With a controller however, I really believe you'd probably get a lot of benefit from Traktor over Serato. Not saying that one is better than the other, but I'd expect you'd be wanting to use cue points and FX more. It just seems the way of it.

Serato - Pure DVS
Traktor - Controllers

That's honestly how I look at it. There are arguments in many different directions, but that makes the most sense to me. I do really like the SSL/ITCH layout/gui a lot more personally, but it's also what I'm used to. With TP 2.0, it looks a lot better than the older versions so that's becoming less of an issue.

When you honestly take manual beatmatching out of the equation, you want more to do otherwise. And the answer to that? Traktor has a lot more going on, so the potential is there if you want to get interesting.

I really feel the choice in what you use reflects a lot on how you spin however, and it's something to believe on.
i agree completely with this. However after owning Numark v7s (itch 2.2) and Kontrol S4 (/w kontrol F1 Traktor 2.5), i like being able to customize my controllers and itch)

So my choice is Traktor, but oddly enough i use the v7s with itch more on gigs, cause they look sick. if only traktor could use them
Vikki Jeannoel
+1

I've seen a move of people recently moving to Traktor in my area, over Serato. Personally though, I still use Serato. Because it's simple and generally speaking, just works.

With a controller however, I really believe you'd probably get a lot of benefit from Traktor over Serato. Not saying that one is better than the other, but I'd expect you'd be wanting to use cue points and FX more. It just seems the way of it.

Serato - Pure DVS
Traktor - Controllers

That's honestly how I look at it. There are arguments in many different directions, but that makes the most sense to me. I do really like the SSL/ITCH layout/gui a lot more personally, but it's also what I'm used to. With TP 2.0, it looks a lot better than the older versions so that's becoming less of an issue.

When you honestly take manual beatmatching out of the equation, you want more to do otherwise. And the answer to that? Traktor has a lot more going on, so the potential is there if you want to get interesting.

I really feel the choice in what you use reflects a lot on how you spin however, and it's something to believe on.
Breanne Penge
Originally Posted by p!inchepunk
I know this has been talked about before but with recent updates to both, Itch getting SP-6 and the VCI 380 added to it's arsenal, I wanted to ask for some fresh perspective. For someone that wants to be a club dj but still do some performance tricks (live edits, remixing, and effects), what is the better option?

Thanks !
If you don't plan on doing any furious hardcore midi mapping and want something that works out the box, Itch is great.
If you really require the powerful FX traktor has to offer (hopefully your sets aren't FX heavy - that shit's getting a bit played imho) then traktor.

It's been said before many times, but each one has their strengths. Just do a bit of reading into what each can do for you, learn more about the two products and let that guide you towards happiness.

Good luck!
Christena Fobbs

Thanks !
Maisha Lutcher

Serato - Pure DVS
Traktor - Controllers

i agree completely with this. However after owning Numark v7s (itch 2.2) and Kontrol S4 (/w kontrol F1 Traktor 2.5), i like being able to customize my controllers and itch)

So my choice is Traktor, but oddly enough i use the v7s with itch more on gigs, cause they look sick. if only traktor could use them
Vikki Jeannoel
+1

Serato - Pure DVS
Traktor - Controllers

Audrey Pinda

Serato - Pure DVS
Traktor - Controllers

Ossie Pooley
I really prefer Traktor. It let's you delve deep into FX
Breanne Penge
Originally Posted by p!inchepunk

Thanks !
If you don't plan on doing any furious hardcore midi mapping and want something that works out the box, Itch is great.
If you really require the powerful FX traktor has to offer (hopefully your sets aren't FX heavy - that shit's getting a bit played imho) then traktor.

It's been said before many times, but each one has their strengths. Just do a bit of reading into what each can do for you, learn more about the two products and let that guide you towards happiness.

Good luck!

<< Back to Anything on the SeratoReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy