SSL 2 Vs Traktor A10

Home :: Anything on the Serato :: SSL 2 Vs Traktor A10Reply
SSL 2 Vs Traktor A10
Posted on: 06.09.2012 by Ruthie Wolle
Hey DJTT!

I've been a CD kind of guy for the past 4 years, and i have gotten to the point where im not learning much from it anymore, so i have decided to get a couple of turntables, and use timecode CD's for clubs with no turntables. and ofc the question will always be:
Serato or traktor?

I have tried playing on several of the traktor Audio, and unfortunatly, i felt the small delay when using Timecode CD's.

Now the thing is that what i can afford, is the SSL 2, which is about the same cost as the Traktor A10.
I gotta say that i have had a few problems with traktor and im tempted to go for the SSL 2 but im very concerned about the latency since its an older model ?

Any advice on this matter would be appricated!

Steven tremble
Palma Hanslip
Originally Posted by durtyjerzy609
its all about the wax homies, why call it DVS (digital vinyl simulator) and use a CD?
As explained he wants to use the vinyl but use CDJ's when TT's are not avaliable..

I'm on the same boat as you but already have an A8. Considering picking up Serato also though!
Stefania Herb
Originally Posted by DJ JesC
Get a used SL-3
+100000000000000000000000000000
Cristian Carmona
Originally Posted by Steven tremble
i've been looking for a used SL 3/4 for a few months now and apparently nobody wants to sell theirs, which i can understand !
Craigslist or eBay
Julissa Serrone
Get a used SL-3
+1 I got mine for 450.00 with CD's and Vinyl
Ruthie Wolle
Hey DJTT!

I've been a CD kind of guy for the past 4 years, and i have gotten to the point where im not learning much from it anymore, so i have decided to get a couple of turntables, and use timecode CD's for clubs with no turntables. and ofc the question will always be:
Serato or traktor?

I have tried playing on several of the traktor Audio, and unfortunatly, i felt the small delay when using Timecode CD's.

Now the thing is that what i can afford, is the SSL 2, which is about the same cost as the Traktor A10.
I gotta say that i have had a few problems with traktor and im tempted to go for the SSL 2 but im very concerned about the latency since its an older model ?

Any advice on this matter would be appricated!

Steven tremble
Jason Mcewing
I went through this already. I use cdj1000mk3s with an Audio 6. Yes there is latency when you use the cue button on the cdj but there isn't any latency if you use vinyl mode and release like a record on the cdj.

The Audio 6 is exactly the same as the SL3 in terms of ins/outs. SL4 and Audio 10 are the same as well, well almost.

Here's what I'll tell you - I prefer Serato's software/gui but believe that the Native Instruments hardware is actually better - it seems to be louder and just built more like a studio grade interface - i know that all sounds subjective. oh yeah, i've owned both.
Palma Hanslip
Originally Posted by durtyjerzy609
its all about the wax homies, why call it DVS (digital vinyl simulator) and use a CD?
As explained he wants to use the vinyl but use CDJ's when TT's are not avaliable..

I'm on the same boat as you but already have an A8. Considering picking up Serato also though!
Stefania Herb
Tatum Ansaldo
I don't know why it is, but timecode CDs always seem to have a but of latency and cueing trouble whether on Traktor or SSL. The vinyls always feel good but I never liked TC CDs.
Stefania Herb
Get a used SL-3
+100000000000000000000000000000
Cristian Carmona
Originally Posted by Steven tremble
i've been looking for a used SL 3/4 for a few months now and apparently nobody wants to sell theirs, which i can understand !
Craigslist or eBay
Ruthie Wolle
Julissa Serrone
Get a used SL-3
+1 I got mine for 450.00 with CD's and Vinyl
Cristian Carmona
Get a used SL-3
Julissa Serrone
wow I didn't know the A10 was that cheap ---- and that comes with a Traktor serial, CD's, vinyle, etc.

Here some points to consider between the two

A10 - requires power to be connected; Traktor major updates cost, you get more ins/outs, makes recording a mix into an available in possible

SL2 - is just as new as an SL3 and SL4. I have issues with latency in SSL when I used an SL2. Shitty part is you only have 2 decks, so if you want to record a mix you need another card or send it directly back into your laptop and record with another application (with an SL3 you can record on the thrd deck within SSL).

I believe feature wise an SL3/4 is better comparison to an A10. If you're not planning on using 4 decks and a loop recorder an A6 may be a cheaper option. Having used both applications -- I prefer SSL.

<< Back to Anything on the SeratoReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy