vci 400 firmware/mapping/overlay/upgrade package when will it happen ????

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-400 FAQ :: vci 400 firmware/mapping/overlay/upgrade package when will it happen ????Reply
vci 400 firmware/mapping/overlay/upgrade package when will it happen ????
Posted on: 21.05.2012 by Kellee Stohrer
Hi all
i would love to no when the vci 400 firmware/mapping/overlay/upgrade package will be released or if its going to happen
i would love to get the vci 400 EGE but dew to the extras tax, shipping, it goes up 30% plus i have to buy traktor pro 2.
99 dollars that is perfect for the upgrade i just want to make sure its definitely going to come out ?????????????
Bobbie Scothern
Originally Posted by Kensic
600 EURO is about 730 USD....i wouldn't say you got a deal....i bought my regular VCI-400 new for 650 USD
Yeah - but living in germany make things lot harder. we have got these 19% of tax for everything...
Julian Ispas
Originally Posted by Roman Nuss
I bought my VCI-400 EGE for 600 euros. new. without tax.

call me a boss

(a friend of mine bought it in USA, and was using it for a week, after he bought himself a analog mixer and cdjs and sold me the vci for 600 euros - im the luckiest person in germany)
600 EURO is about 730 USD....i wouldn't say you got a deal....i bought my regular VCI-400 new for 650 USD
Shaniqua Pukas
I'm really looking forward for an upgrade kit. I was hesitating between a S4 and a VCI-400, I couldn't wait for the VCI-400 EGE and because I live in France, shipping costs and customs will have raised the price tag too high for me.
So I bought a regular VCI-400, hoping for an upgrade kit,
Classie Alvizo
Originally Posted by weltraumpapst
flashflooder posted this a few days ago in the vci400 EGE mapping thread
" There was some confusion between Vestax and us regarding a key fact in ability to flash firmware on the device. It still may very well happen but the process would likely be more complex and require having to take the controller apart. This by no means a concrete answer but my feelings on the current situation."
Seems strange that you are able to update the standard VCI via USB but not the EGE one. Surely they're they exact same hardware wise inside, just with the different firmware for the extra EGE functions?

k
robin loo
Originally Posted by tbox
weltraumpapst
you are a star every time i needed help on a sudject you have help out you should be working for dj tech tool
thanks man!!!!!!!!!!!
hehe. no problem..
robin loo
Originally Posted by Lilja
Wait...does that mean there won't be any firmware related updates to the VCI-400 EGE at all?
havent thought of that.. i hope someone brings some light to this..
Kellee Stohrer
Hi all
i would love to no when the vci 400 firmware/mapping/overlay/upgrade package will be released or if its going to happen
i would love to get the vci 400 EGE but dew to the extras tax, shipping, it goes up 30% plus i have to buy traktor pro 2.
99 dollars that is perfect for the upgrade i just want to make sure its definitely going to come out ?????????????
Kristian Egans
maybe never :-/ tried to get some information, too. but i didn't find anything out... the only way to upgrade your vci 400 is to send it to the djtt labs.. they will do that for 50 dollars but you have to pay the transportation... so if you re not from the u.s. it can bee very expensive... i don't understand that djtt just say: No it will not happen! then everybody knows whats going on... :-/
Mirian Gaura
So can anyone tell me if you can buy a normal VCI 400 and upgrade it to the VCI 400 EGE ?!
Bobbie Scothern
Originally Posted by Kensic
Yeah - but living in germany make things lot harder. we have got these 19% of tax for everything...
Julian Ispas
Originally Posted by Roman Nuss

call me a boss

(a friend of mine bought it in USA, and was using it for a week, after he bought himself a analog mixer and cdjs and sold me the vci for 600 euros - im the luckiest person in germany)
Bobbie Scothern

call me a boss

Janyce Henningson
Apparently the firmware is available?

http://community .djranking s.com/showthread.php?t=56328
Christena Sylve
Now that the stand alone mixer firmware update is out for the normal VCI-400, it would be logic for DJTT to release an update of there firmware to the mixer function. It would be easy after this to release an update package with the new firmware for the normal VCI-400
Kristian Egans
Are there any News about the Upgrade Kit???
Kellee Stohrer
hi nemes1s i have just got the Vestax VCI-400 Ean Golden Edition (Open Box) for 899$ at the store in dj tt and the total was 800euros with tax, shipping take a look in blow out sales but there is only one more in stock
Emanuel Kepics
If you bought a standard VCI-400, I'd guess you might just have to wait and see with regards the DJTT firmware upgrade. Clearly DJTTs priority must be supporting they're own VCI version through TP 2.5 and the Vestax standalone mixer firmware upgrade. I can't see that happening for a little while yet. Why develop a firmware upgrade kit if it's going to be rendered obsolete with the next Vestax or Traktor update? Common sense would suggest nothing happening with an upgrade kit until well after the dust has settled on the current updates and all subsequent technical issues considered.

So how about sparing other community members and DJTT staff from daily requests on this topic in multiple threads? Just read between the lines a bit, apply a little common sense and take an educated guess.
Shaniqua Pukas
I'm really looking forward for an upgrade kit. I was hesitating between a S4 and a VCI-400, I couldn't wait for the VCI-400 EGE and because I live in France, shipping costs and customs will have raised the price tag too high for me.
So I bought a regular VCI-400, hoping for an upgrade kit,
Kellee Stohrer
ok it looks like i am going for the s4 at least i will have good mapping form djtt i would of love to have the vci 400 but it looks like it work out to be too much money for me this way i can get the krk 6 and the s4 for the same price that it would cost of the vci 400EGE thank you guys for the support
Jeanene Bartmess
I'd also be really interested in knowing one way or the other whether this is going to happen as it will very likely affect which controller I choose to buy. As per tbox, importing the EGE whole is not economical, however if I know that the EGE firmware upgrade kit previously mentioned by Ean will definitely be released, then I'll go for the VCI-400.

Anyone know of an official update from Ean at all? It sounded like it was definitely going to happen a few months back.
Classie Alvizo
Originally Posted by weltraumpapst
" There was some confusion between Vestax and us regarding a key fact in ability to flash firmware on the device. It still may very well happen but the process would likely be more complex and require having to take the controller apart. This by no means a concrete answer but my feelings on the current situation."
Seems strange that you are able to update the standard VCI via USB but not the EGE one. Surely they're they exact same hardware wise inside, just with the different firmware for the extra EGE functions?

k
robin loo
Originally Posted by tbox
weltraumpapst
you are a star every time i needed help on a sudject you have help out you should be working for dj tech tool
thanks man!!!!!!!!!!!
hehe. no problem..
Kellee Stohrer
weltraumpapst
thanks man!!!!!!!!!!!
robin loo
Originally Posted by Lilja
Wait...does that mean there won't be any firmware related updates to the VCI-400 EGE at all?
havent thought of that.. i hope someone brings some light to this..
Leighann Kashat
robin loo

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-400 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy