Overlay doesn't fit my vci-100 SE Arcade

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: Overlay doesn't fit my vci-100 SE ArcadeReply
Overlay doesn't fit my vci-100 SE Arcade
Posted on: 02.11.2010 by Van Laselle
I bought a used VCI-100 SE with Arcade buttons bought by previous owner directly from DJTechtools (I have the documents confirming everything). It also came with an original Arcade overlay not installed.

Now I understand why. The overlay doesn't fit. The buttom part (where the arcade buttons are located) isn't low enough to fit correctly.

Does this ring a bell?

I'm I the only one with that problem?

Thanks

JD
Van Laselle
I bought a used VCI-100 SE with Arcade buttons bought by previous owner directly from DJTechtools (I have the documents confirming everything). It also came with an original Arcade overlay not installed.

Now I understand why. The overlay doesn't fit. The buttom part (where the arcade buttons are located) isn't low enough to fit correctly.

Does this ring a bell?

I'm I the only one with that problem?

Thanks

JD
Leeanna Ayla
Not sure about getting the text to line up though. May just need to get some black tape?
Van Laselle
Thanks for your feedback.
I just ordered another overlay.
I'll see what kind of patching I can do.

JD
Leeanna Ayla
It sounds like some of the early SE's had the buttons cut lower down on the faceplate. Would it be possible to get another overlay and do a type of patchwork job to cover the whole thing?
Van Laselle
I have the DJranking s Docs that came with it.
This VCI came with firmware 1.3 installed.
Can it be that old?

actually, you bought a very old arcade that was "downcut" or cut lower than 95% of the following arcades that were produced and all subsequent overlays. So none of the Dj TT overlays will fit that controller perfectly. This only effected a very small number (perhaps 10)

I would recommend you cut the overlay just above the arcades so you can use it but it only covers down to that point.

Sorry- thats prob not the best news in the world
Cristian Carmona
^ what he said
Leeanna Ayla
The older overlays were designed for the buttons to fit on top of them. The new ones fit over the buttons. You can take the VCI apart, pull the buttons out and install the overlay that way.

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy