Can I connect the VCI-100 to speakers???

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: Can I connect the VCI-100 to speakers???Reply
Can I connect the VCI-100 to speakers???
Posted on: 04.11.2010 by Laine Paskiewicz
Hey guys,

I need help with this one ASAP...

I am about to buy a VCI-100 and some speakers (big) and i was stressing out becuase i'm not to sure if im able to hook my VCI up to these speakers..??

Or do i connect the VCI to my laptop and then laptop to speakers???

PLEASE PLEASE ..i need urgent assistance on this

Cheers

MrGigantor XD
Tatum Ansaldo
Originally Posted by MrGigantor
Sweet thanks so much XD XD ... 1 very last question.... By when you said "or directly to regular speaker amp" is that a speaker amp that will then go to the Large speakers?

thanks so much dude XD
it's to whatever speakers or amp you attach to your soundcard's master out.
Brock Zarcone
Originally Posted by JesC
I heard the Audio2 dont do so well in skate parks.
Does not compute!! GTFO!
Babara Guyll
Originally Posted by trafik
what?

thats ridiculous, the only place it works well in is a skatepark. pffff
haha +1 to you good sir.

and also i have the i/o soundcard...but really to be honest if you are getting a vci-100 you should really invest in traktor pro! the vci 100 will come with traktor le software included and the upgrade to traktor pro is only $70 i believe on their website for a cd box and everything... because who wouldn't want to run the DJTT midi mapping?

and if you get traktor i know my preferences under the output routing tab for the i/o are:

Output Monitor
L: 3: OUT 2 - CH
R: 4: OUT 3 - CH

Output Master
L: 1: OUT 0 - CH
R: 2: OUT 1 - CH

you then connect the composite (RCA aka Red&White) cables to Output 1 on the back of the i/o and run them to either a normal stereo amplifier or how i have it setup with computer speakers which is what it sounds like your trying to do...at any electronic store they sell an adapter that goes from composite cables to a male headphone jack, you will also need to buy double ended female headphone jack adapter (both only cost a couple bucks each) and this will allow you to convert from the rca white and red cables to a female headphone jack exactly like on the back of your computer for your speakers!! now obviously computer speakers won't go very loud but i use this setup for whilst other people are sleeping in the wee hours of the morning if i feel like puttin' down some beats!!
Leeanna Ayla
Originally Posted by fullenglishpint
How do you have everything plugged in at the moment? You need both your speakers and your headphones to be plugged into the DJ I/O then select the right outputs in the output routing section of Traktor preferences.
What he said, play with the outputs in preferences while a track is playing and you'll get sorted.
Tatum Ansaldo
Originally Posted by MrGigantor
Sweet thanks so much XD XD ... 1 very last question.... By when you said "or directly to regular speaker amp" is that a speaker amp that will then go to the Large speakers?

thanks so much dude XD
it's to whatever speakers or amp you attach to your soundcard's master out.
Laine Paskiewicz

thanks so much dude XD
Michaele Mehn
Sup guys, i solved my problem! It was my computer that was dumb i tryed on another one and it works great! Thanks y'all
Babara Guyll
almost right

laptop to vci 100 via usb cable>>>>laptop to soundcard via usb cable>>>soundcard to red&white cables>>>>red&white cables to either adapters for computer speakers or directly to regular speaker amp
Laine Paskiewicz
sweet thanks guys...so by the sounds of things i need to go and buy a sound card and the red & white adapter.....So PLEASE correct me if im wrong...... to connect VCI-100 to speakers and amp...

Laptop to VCI-100 via usb cable..>>>VCI-100 to sound card using the red & white sound cable adapter..>>>>Sound card to amp>>>amp through to speakers.

PLEASE PLEASE correct this if wrong and .. if possible use as simplist explanation..rofl (like ^^ if possible) thanks heaps guys XD
Brock Zarcone
Does not compute!! GTFO!
Tatum Ansaldo
yip, driver issue... sell the I/O and get an Audio 2
Babara Guyll
hmmmm......thats weird if it doesn't show the 3 & 4 outs...the only options available are ch 1 & 2?

my only recommendation there would be to reinstall the driver software for the i/o soundcard and try again other than that im out of ideas
Michaele Mehn
Thanks for all your tips but my first problem is: When i select Numark USB Audio Device (asio) in Audio Setup, the only outputs i can use in Outputs Routing is :

1: Out 1
2: Out 2

The only other option is - not connected -

Do you know what should i do to see the others Outputs?

Thanks!
Babara Guyll
here is pictures of the adapters!!

the green ended cord is from my computer speakers and the red/white cables come from output 1 on the dj i/o soundcard

Composite (Red/White) to male headphone jack

Double ended female headphone adapter

Both put together...

And the final product!

CHEERS!
Babara Guyll
Originally Posted by trafik
what?

haha +1 to you good sir.

and also i have the i/o soundcard...but really to be honest if you are getting a vci-100 you should really invest in traktor pro! the vci 100 will come with traktor le software included and the upgrade to traktor pro is only $70 i believe on their website for a cd box and everything... because who wouldn't want to run the DJTT midi mapping?

and if you get traktor i know my preferences under the output routing tab for the i/o are:

Output Monitor
L: 3: OUT 2 - CH
R: 4: OUT 3 - CH

Output Master
L: 1: OUT 0 - CH
R: 2: OUT 1 - CH

you then connect the composite (RCA aka Red&White) cables to Output 1 on the back of the i/o and run them to either a normal stereo amplifier or how i have it setup with computer speakers which is what it sounds like your trying to do...at any electronic store they sell an adapter that goes from composite cables to a male headphone jack, you will also need to buy double ended female headphone jack adapter (both only cost a couple bucks each) and this will allow you to convert from the rca white and red cables to a female headphone jack exactly like on the back of your computer for your speakers!! now obviously computer speakers won't go very loud but i use this setup for whilst other people are sleeping in the wee hours of the morning if i feel like puttin' down some beats!!
Tatum Ansaldo
*tips cap to jojo with a knowing knod*
Leeanna Ayla
Originally Posted by fullenglishpint
How do you have everything plugged in at the moment? You need both your speakers and your headphones to be plugged into the DJ I/O then select the right outputs in the output routing section of Traktor preferences.
What he said, play with the outputs in preferences while a track is playing and you'll get sorted.
Tatum Ansaldo
Michaele Mehn
Hello

as i have the same questions as you, i felt like making another post would not be a good idea.

So i ask my question here. From what i understand, i cannot Cue if i use computer speakers?

I have a DJ i/o external soundcard and i was not able to have sound in my headphones and on my computer. Is it normal? Do i need to plug my soundcard to real speakers to be able to cue a song?

Thanks!
Laine Paskiewicz
This is the link to the speakers i am planning on buying http://www.djcity.com.au/packages/speaker-packs_70.html

The speakers I am looking at are the 8 inch DJ Party speakers, or the 10 inch.... could someone have a look to check out the inputs and oputs please that would be awsome..

thanks XD
Laine Paskiewicz
Oh ok thanks heaps man XD XD
Leeanna Ayla
The Audio 2 will come with a cable that goes from the 1/4 plug to RCA's those will then go to your amp or speakers. The other hole will be for your headphones.

I'm not sure about the current version of VDJ. I know previous versions were supported.
Laine Paskiewicz
O ok thanks......So i would have; VCI-100>laptop>auido>speakers???

i just want to make sure im not wasting my money thats all man XD XD

Does the VCI-100 have a mapping for Virtual DJ by any chances?
Tatum Ansaldo
I'd suggest you read the manual when you get it, The VCI has just a USB cable and the Audio 2 has just a USB cable and 2 1/4" inputs. Really couldn't be simpler.
Angelina Havili

what?

Laine Paskiewicz
Thanks for reply guys.... So by the sounds of it I need to buy The Audio 2 from Native Instruments....how much is the sound card and where abouts ca i buy it from???

Can someone also tell me the way i must connect my laptop, VCI-100 and speakers (and later the sound card) please..that would be awsome becuase I don't want to buy all this great eqipment and then not be able to hook it up and have to re-sell it all again

Cheers XD
Cristian Carmona
Originally Posted by photojojo
What he said. The Audio 2 from Native Instruments is a very good soundcard for a good price that will last you forever.
Takisha Hodulik
Originally Posted by photojojo
What he said. The Audio 2 from Native Instruments is a very good soundcard for a good price that will last you forever.
+1
Leeanna Ayla
Tatum Ansaldo
You need an external soundcard. You can use the built-in laptop soundcard but it will suck and you won't be able to use headphones.

Welcome to the community !

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy