VCI 100 SE freezes after firmware update

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: VCI 100 SE freezes after firmware updateReply
VCI 100 SE freezes after firmware update
Posted on: 16.11.2010 by Ike Byres
**Update: after loading the tsi file several time and restarting Traktor a dozen of times, everything works almost. The only problem remaining is that a few knobs (filter, tempo fader) are too sensitive. I can only use 10% of the tempo slider or filter knob until I reach max effect. Calibrating when Traktor starts doesn't seem to help. I tried moving the sliders and shift-clicking the central position**

[Old post]
I'm experiencing serious problems with my VCI after a 1.4 firmware update. I have the silver VCI 100 that came originally with the 1.2 firmware version. The update procedure was succesfull after two attempts. The first time the serial cable that came with the firmware kit didn't attach to the update kit. The second time I put it on better.

After the firmware update I closed everything and tried the updated VCI. Some knobs -like the ones on the bottom- are all lighted and can't be switched. Some others aren't lit at all. Most switches don't respond. I do see the MIDI message LED blink when I press a button.
Tatum Ansaldo
Originally Posted by photojojo
The most current tsi is the 3.6.4 file.

http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=19751
and boy is it a good one if you can get it to work!
Ike Byres
**Update: after loading the tsi file several time and restarting Traktor a dozen of times, everything works almost. The only problem remaining is that a few knobs (filter, tempo fader) are too sensitive. I can only use 10% of the tempo slider or filter knob until I reach max effect. Calibrating when Traktor starts doesn't seem to help. I tried moving the sliders and shift-clicking the central position**

[Old post]
I'm experiencing serious problems with my VCI after a 1.4 firmware update. I have the silver VCI 100 that came originally with the 1.2 firmware version. The update procedure was succesfull after two attempts. The first time the serial cable that came with the firmware kit didn't attach to the update kit. The second time I put it on better.

After the firmware update I closed everything and tried the updated VCI. Some knobs -like the ones on the bottom- are all lighted and can't be switched. Some others aren't lit at all. Most switches don't respond. I do see the MIDI message LED blink when I press a button.
Tatum Ansaldo
Originally Posted by photojojo

and boy is it a good one if you can get it to work!
Leeanna Ayla

Tatum Ansaldo
I believe that using the 1.3 tsi with 1.4 fw won't work due to sensitivity differences.
Ike Byres
Mmm, I tried the mac and PC version of the 1.4 tsi file. Even tried the 1.3. I will triple check my download however..
Adolf Hit
Hey Ed - sounds like you are using the wrong TSI - make sure you are using one programmed for the firmware you are using....

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy