vci jog wheels rocking?

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: vci jog wheels rocking?Reply
vci jog wheels rocking?
Posted on: 22.11.2010 by Danilo Duzant
Hi people,

ive got a question: i havent had my vci for long ( nearly 3 weeks ) and really didnt go hard on it. But when i put my fingers opposite of each other on the jogwheels outer acryllic glass ( i believe it is ) ring i can rock it from side to side. its an updown difference of like a millimeter.

Im not sure if i need to do something about this because im afraid it might break it, but im also afraid to open it up to fix it

Anyone tell me if its bad or a prettymuch standard thing for vci-100 jogwheels, please

thanks in advance

Ps: I dont feel it while mixing, you just feel it when you ''rock'' the outer ring side to side a bit.
Tatum Ansaldo
Originally Posted by photojojo
What does the MKII ship with?
buggered if I know but also he said it was black, and the mkII is silver.

I assume it's a less buggy FW than the standard mk1.
Danilo Duzant
Originally Posted by fullenglishpint
I definitely recommend you get the firmware upgrade kit and install 1.4, the difference is HUGE. Get the overlay while you're at it.
jeah i def will as soon as im able to spend some extra cash but atm im pretty blank because i upgraded from virtualdj-le+hercules mp3 e2 + hercules usb soundcard to traktor pro + vestax vci-100 + ni audio 2 dj. Not exactly a cheap upgrade for a student but i guess ill be able to buy the djtt stuff next mcdonalds payday ( mcdonalding to pay for djing expenses yay :l )
Leeanna Ayla
must be a mk1 standard since it has 1.2 fw.
Danilo Duzant
Hi people,

ive got a question: i havent had my vci for long ( nearly 3 weeks ) and really didnt go hard on it. But when i put my fingers opposite of each other on the jogwheels outer acryllic glass ( i believe it is ) ring i can rock it from side to side. its an updown difference of like a millimeter.

Im not sure if i need to do something about this because im afraid it might break it, but im also afraid to open it up to fix it

Anyone tell me if its bad or a prettymuch standard thing for vci-100 jogwheels, please

thanks in advance

Ps: I dont feel it while mixing, you just feel it when you ''rock'' the outer ring side to side a bit.
Tatum Ansaldo
probably 1.0, like you said since it's a new controller! Notes will be different so start from scratch.
Leeanna Ayla
What exactly would you call the new VCI MKII firmware? 1.3 and 1.4 are taken by DJTT, maybe 2.0 since it's a new controller? Never really thought about it.
Tatum Ansaldo
Originally Posted by photojojo
buggered if I know but also he said it was black, and the mkII is silver.

I assume it's a less buggy FW than the standard mk1.
Danilo Duzant
I definitely recommend you get the firmware upgrade kit and install 1.4, the difference is HUGE. Get the overlay while you're at it.
jeah i def will as soon as im able to spend some extra cash but atm im pretty blank because i upgraded from virtualdj-le+hercules mp3 e2 + hercules usb soundcard to traktor pro + vestax vci-100 + ni audio 2 dj. Not exactly a cheap upgrade for a student but i guess ill be able to buy the djtt stuff next mcdonalds payday ( mcdonalding to pay for djing expenses yay :l )
Leeanna Ayla
Tatum Ansaldo
Franklin Momany
Is this with the VCI 100, Arcade, or MKII? Or another?
Tatum Ansaldo
Leeanna Ayla
That's not much. If it gets worse you can adjust it, but I don;t believe your really need to yet.

http://www.djranking s.com/2010/10/0...l-vci-100-300/
Danilo Duzant
im afraid its 1.2, because i bought a ''normal'' vci-100 black edition because djtt didnt have the se on stock then said the onlineshop and i was so greedy to posess it

but if you tell me its normal im really relieved
Tatum Ansaldo
Don't worry, perfectly normal, nothing to worry about.

and don't worry about opening it up, there's so much potential for upgrades! what firware are you using?

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy