So updating to Fw 1.4 is basically mandatory?

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: So updating to Fw 1.4 is basically mandatory?Reply
So updating to Fw 1.4 is basically mandatory?
Posted on: 27.11.2010 by Lizeth Jaya
I'm getting a Used vci-100 and I'm wondering if the first releases are buggy enough to not be usuable?

Jog wheel problems/button problems/glitches sounds pretty heavy...!!

Def. Gonna save up a few bucks to upgrade this thing but out of the box will I be disappointed?
Lizeth Jaya
I'm getting a Used vci-100 and I'm wondering if the first releases are buggy enough to not be usuable?

Jog wheel problems/button problems/glitches sounds pretty heavy...!!

Def. Gonna save up a few bucks to upgrade this thing but out of the box will I be disappointed?
Hipolito Scionti
You need the uprgrade kit from DJTT but while you're at it, get the overlay and buttons faders of your choice etc.

It'll take your VCI into another dimension

Adding arcade buttons is also well worth doing... but nowhere near as straight forward as just the firmware and overlay
Lizeth Jaya
I see. Well thank you! Already have a PC and serial port so it should be no problem.
Leeanna Ayla
It's sending more messages so that a smaller amount of movement of the jog wheel translates to more movement in the software. The chip is removed after you do the upgrade.
Lizeth Jaya
When they say 4x resolution of jog wheels and faders what is that REALLY doing?

Also that chip that comes with the upgrade, after you install it does it stay attached to the PCB after the upgrade?

Also was wondering if it's worth getting the rubberized knob/fader pack or should I wait until something on the vci actually breaks and replace it?
Leeanna Ayla
It's not terrible. It's just that 1.3 or 1.4 is better. You can't use any of the DJTT mappings unless you have 1.3 at least so find one on the webs you like until you do upgrade.

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy