vci-100se Sync function will not sync tracks HELP!

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: vci-100se Sync function will not sync tracks HELP!Reply
vci-100se Sync function will not sync tracks HELP!
Posted on: 11.04.2010 by Joane Akao
i just got my new vci 100se and i mapped everything correctly. everything except the sync function is working properly. When two tracks are playing i try to sync the track i am mixing in to the master track that is playing. The sync button is not active on the master track so i know this is not causing my problem. When i push the sync button it changes the bpm to the matching bpm but it does not sync the beat. If i manually beat match the beats then push sync it actually makes the tracks un-synced. i have tried everything. i have remapped the sync button. changed it from toggle to hold and back again. i even reinstalled traktor and re loaded the mappings numerous times. i do not know what is wrong possibly my vci is just broken? please help.
Treasa Pruyn
Originally Posted by klosterfobe
i just got my new vci 100se and i mapped everything correctly. everything except the sync function is working properly. When two tracks are playing i try to sync the track i am mixing in to the master track that is playing. The sync button is not active on the master track so i know this is not causing my problem. When i push the sync button it changes the bpm to the matching bpm but it does not sync the beat. If i manually beat match the beats then push sync it actually makes the tracks un-synced. i have tried everything. i have remapped the sync button. changed it from toggle to hold and back again. i even reinstalled traktor and re loaded the mappings numerous times. i do not know what is wrong possibly my vci is just broken? please help.
Did you ever find out the cause and solution to this problem? I have the same problem now along with a few others and I cannot find out any solution.

Please Help!

Thanks
Joane Akao
Janyce Jardon
for a quick fix to beatgridding (not completely accurate) if you have the advanced deck options, there should be cue, loop and grid i believe? if i remember correctly... anyway click on the grid tab, and on the far right there is a tap button... start tapping the bpm at the same time as with the beat (as on most CDJ's) and it should automatically grid the track to a reasonable extent... all the options for further advanced grid editing are in there also. I find that the Tap function isnt entirely accurate and sometimes if i havent manually gridded my track, i have to adjust a little with pitch bend, even though the track says its in sync, it isnt completely... sometimes even totally off...

NOTE: some remixes, bootlegs and some tracks BPM's arent consistent throughout the track and for certain tracks... the BPM changes throughout the song, i noticed this is also true when ripping my vynils... it tends to shift a little... so in this case you will have to do some research on advanced beatgridding.
Treasa Pruyn
I know, I'm tryin' to figure out this beatgridding thing. I'm new to traktor but am getting used to it fast. I watched the tutorial (and also loaded different tsi's, thanks photojojo) but can get it down just yet. I grindin' tho!

-Peace
Marshall Aby
Doesn't sound like a problem with the vci, seems like a problem with your knowledge of Traktor. Read up on beatgridding.
Leeanna Ayla
As a test have you loaded a different tsi to make sure the sync buttons work? If they do just copy the sync commands out of that to yours. Be sure to save yours before you import the new one.
Treasa Pruyn
Originally Posted by klosterfobe
Did you ever find out the cause and solution to this problem? I have the same problem now along with a few others and I cannot find out any solution.

Please Help!

Thanks
robin loo
are your tracks beatgridded?

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy