Beginner, Possibly Very Dumb, Question

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: Beginner, Possibly Very Dumb, QuestionReply
Beginner, Possibly Very Dumb, Question
Posted on: 29.11.2010 by Desmond Bucaro
Okay so I recently bought a vci 100, and it has the 1.4 FW, and I download the most recent mappings have imported them. However I cant seem to get Traktor to work with my VCI.

I have imported the mappings to Traktor, but when I go to preferences, and controller manager and select the Vci100se 1.4 mac fw etc. and then click close, my vci100 doesnt do anything in Traktor. Then if I reopen my Preferences I see that my control manager has returned to having my device as Generic Keyboard. It seems that Traktor is not saving my changed prefrences, and so I seem to be permantely stuck on using generic keyboard mode.

If I use setup wizard and setup for the vci-100 than the Vci is responsive in Traktor, but of course it is not with the correct mappings.

Please Help, I just got this baby and I wanna have some fun

Im not sure how to properly expliain the issue, so hopefully someone understands what Im talking about
Leeanna Ayla
When you import it you should get a pop up asking you what options to import make sure you follow these steps.

What Settings to Load

Leeanna Ayla
When you import it you should get a pop up asking you what options to import make sure you follow these steps.

What Settings to Load

Leeanna Ayla

What Settings to Load

Desmond Bucaro
Originally Posted by photojojo
Just to confirm, you're using the big import button on the bottom of the preferences window correct?
yes I am
Desmond Bucaro
Originally Posted by deviantdigi
Bump weltra,

"I have imported the mappings to Traktor, but when I go to preferences, and controller manager and select the Vci100se 1.4 mac fw etc."

How did you import a .tis first without going into preferences? The import option is in preferences.

You have to select you controller in the drop down menu then import your .tis.
I imported in the prefrences section.

Originally Posted by weltraumpapst
it's normal that the keyboard mapping is always the first in the drop down mappings.

is the vci mapping shown in the drop down menu?
did you assign the in/out ports to the vci?
does the midi led in the upper section of traktor lits up when fiddeling around with the controller?

import the tsi twice and restart traktor
yes the mapping is the drop down menu, Ive tried loading it multiple times and restarted multiple times. When I select it from the drop down menu I then changed the in/out ports to vestac pc controller ( i have a mac so should it still say pc controller?) and then when I hit close my controller doesnt do anything in traktor. the lights are responsive and the data red led is lighting up when i touch things, but traktor is controlled at all
Desmond Bucaro
Okay so I recently bought a vci 100, and it has the 1.4 FW, and I download the most recent mappings have imported them. However I cant seem to get Traktor to work with my VCI.

I have imported the mappings to Traktor, but when I go to preferences, and controller manager and select the Vci100se 1.4 mac fw etc. and then click close, my vci100 doesnt do anything in Traktor. Then if I reopen my Preferences I see that my control manager has returned to having my device as Generic Keyboard. It seems that Traktor is not saving my changed prefrences, and so I seem to be permantely stuck on using generic keyboard mode.

If I use setup wizard and setup for the vci-100 than the Vci is responsive in Traktor, but of course it is not with the correct mappings.

Please Help, I just got this baby and I wanna have some fun

Im not sure how to properly expliain the issue, so hopefully someone understands what Im talking about
Franklin Momany
Cheers, have fun!
Leeanna Ayla
Great!
robin loo
good to hear you sorted it out..
Desmond Bucaro
Got It, dont know what was wrong. Even know I had already done this I, unplugged it, restarted my computer and tried the steps again and it worked for some reason.

SUCESS, now to procrastinate school work by playing with this all evening
Leeanna Ayla
What version of Traktor are you using? Tried different USB ports?
robin loo
does the CTRL light inside the traktor software blink if do anything with the controller?
it's in the header next to audio on the left hand side..
Desmond Bucaro
when I Import I get a pop with a couple of boxes with check marks next to them, four of them are checked and I cannot click the other boxes, the four that are selected are:
controller mappings
gui layout
effect settings
other prefrences and settings

I then click okay and it takes me to the controller mapping screen of the prefrences section where the vci100se mappings will be in the pulldown menu, I dont ever get a popup asking for the settings you described

and to your other question, yes the in/out stays selected
Leeanna Ayla

What Settings to Load

Leeanna Ayla
The reverting back to keyboard is normal, but when you select the VCI is the VCI still set in the In/Out ports?

And just some disclosure on this thread. It's my old VCI, Audio 4 and Traktor Pro here so I know it works and the software is legit.
Desmond Bucaro
Originally Posted by photojojo
Just to confirm, you're using the big import button on the bottom of the preferences window correct?
yes I am
Leeanna Ayla
Desmond Bucaro
Originally Posted by deviantdigi
Bump weltra,

"I have imported the mappings to Traktor, but when I go to preferences, and controller manager and select the Vci100se 1.4 mac fw etc."

How did you import a .tis first without going into preferences? The import option is in preferences.

I imported in the prefrences section.

Originally Posted by weltraumpapst
it's normal that the keyboard mapping is always the first in the drop down mappings.

does the midi led in the upper section of traktor lits up when fiddeling around with the controller?

yes the mapping is the drop down menu, Ive tried loading it multiple times and restarted multiple times. When I select it from the drop down menu I then changed the in/out ports to vestac pc controller ( i have a mac so should it still say pc controller?) and then when I hit close my controller doesnt do anything in traktor. the lights are responsive and the data red led is lighting up when i touch things, but traktor is controlled at all
Franklin Momany
Bump weltra,

robin loo

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy