Sound vci-100 sound increase when using filter / effects & faders

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: Sound vci-100 sound increase when using filter / effects & fadersReply
Sound vci-100 sound increase when using filter / effects & faders
Posted on: 17.07.2010 by Gricelda Aukerman
I've searched but couldn't find anything, so here goes;

When I use the filter, the level of sound increases noticable. The same with using wet/dry and a fx knob with an effect. Sound increases as well.

How can this be straightend out, so that you have one level of sound no matter what filter or fx you use?

Another question about the faders left & right, when I use these in traktor pro for instance to bring the bpm up, a small adjustment causes traktor to dramaticly increase the bpm. It's not in line with the controller.

Another thing is that it has a really small range on traktor, the entire range on the controller is not even close to sufficiently operate the range in traktor!

Anyone advice on these matters?

Thanks allot!
Floris
Janyce Jardon
Originally Posted by Florentino
When I use the filter, the level of sound increases noticable. The same with using wet/dry and a fx knob with an effect. Sound increases as well.

How can this be straightend out, so that you have one level of sound no matter what filter or fx you use?

Another question about the faders left & right, when I use these in traktor pro for instance to bring the bpm up, a small adjustment causes traktor to dramaticly increase the bpm. It's not in line with the controller.

Another thing is that it has a really small range on traktor, the entire range on the controller is not even close to sufficiently operate the range in traktor!

Thanks allot!
Floris
As for the heightened volume when using effects... make sure in your options tab that your effects are set to inserts and not sends... if they are set to send, unless you have an analog send channel, it will play back the effect on top of the track you are currently playing (thus heightening the volume) this is of course assuming that you are using an external mixer and have routed the sends to the corresponding channels... if this is the case.. check if your mixer has fx send/return inputs... if so then route your effects send to a spare output/input on your interface and on the corresponding in's and outs of the effects send of the mixer... that way (in theory) you should be able to control the depth of the effect from your mixer (also assuming you have a dry/wet fader on your mixer)

as for the pitch, set it to relative, or change the sensitivity of it... also check that your pitch bend range is set to what you want it to... sometimes importing a TSI file will overwrite settings including the pitch range.

Sorry if i have made alot of assumptions, but as i am unaware of your settings and preferences... or your hardware... its hard to tell where the problem may lie.
Gricelda Aukerman
I've searched but couldn't find anything, so here goes;

Thanks allot!
Floris
Ammie Deni
hey guys, whats the difference between setting the pitch to relative or direct in the mappings?

I wished to get a +/- 0.02% range and had to change the range to 8% then the rotary sensitivity to 71%. This seems to now give me +/- 4 or if i move the pitch slider to the bottem and import the track with give me a +8 if i need it. However all these settings are on 'relative' instead of direct.
Janyce Jardon
Originally Posted by Florentino

Thanks allot!
Floris
As for the heightened volume when using effects... make sure in your options tab that your effects are set to inserts and not sends... if they are set to send, unless you have an analog send channel, it will play back the effect on top of the track you are currently playing (thus heightening the volume) this is of course assuming that you are using an external mixer and have routed the sends to the corresponding channels... if this is the case.. check if your mixer has fx send/return inputs... if so then route your effects send to a spare output/input on your interface and on the corresponding in's and outs of the effects send of the mixer... that way (in theory) you should be able to control the depth of the effect from your mixer (also assuming you have a dry/wet fader on your mixer)

as for the pitch, set it to relative, or change the sensitivity of it... also check that your pitch bend range is set to what you want it to... sometimes importing a TSI file will overwrite settings including the pitch range.

Sorry if i have made alot of assumptions, but as i am unaware of your settings and preferences... or your hardware... its hard to tell where the problem may lie.
Franklin Momany
Is the actual fader moving in Traktor when this occurs?

Moving:
Are you familiar with mapping in Traktor? Perhaps its just mapped wrong or theres an error/bug. Maybe you have a modifier somewhere messing with your faders. I would delete any key entry that has to do with the faders. Then re map them.

If thats not the case reload you can reload your .tis and see if that helps, like a refresh. If its still acting up, download another mapping like what is offered here on DJTT.

Not moving:
Your master volume is set. Then your question is "why is an effect making my track louder?" I'm not a audiologist, but I would say the effect is affecting the waveform of the track. I don't believe there is a fix for this type of issue. More or less act accordingly to counter it.

Pitch,
Change pitch fader to direct instead relative

Good luck,
-Digi
Ami Callaghan
Change pitch fader to direct instead relative, and the pitch work well
For filters use it, but take down a little gain or reduce bass to cero, and reset bass when
stop filters.

Dont worry about vci, its the better midi machine i know

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy