Jog wheel B & pitch problem

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: Jog wheel B & pitch problemReply
Jog wheel B & pitch problem
Posted on: 10.01.2011 by Belia Sawicki
Hello all DJTT community. Hope you can help me fix those problems! I have a VCI-100 with 1.1 fw and I'm using the latest TSI from here.

The problem that I have it that the jog wheel of deck B in scratch mode is very unprecise and unsensible. It's very annoying. I don't believe that is a hardware problem because the jog works fine with scratch button off. Jog A works fine on both modes. Do you believe that by upgrading to 1.4 fw it will solve it??

The other problem that I found are the pitch faders. When you have synced a deck and you have the pitch fader whenever out of the centre, when moving the pitch fader, the pitch "jumps" and increases a lot. Do you believe 1.4 will solve it too??

Thanks very much, and sorry for my english.
Belia Sawicki
Hello all DJTT community. Hope you can help me fix those problems! I have a VCI-100 with 1.1 fw and I'm using the latest TSI from here.

The problem that I have it that the jog wheel of deck B in scratch mode is very unprecise and unsensible. It's very annoying. I don't believe that is a hardware problem because the jog works fine with scratch button off. Jog A works fine on both modes. Do you believe that by upgrading to 1.4 fw it will solve it??

The other problem that I found are the pitch faders. When you have synced a deck and you have the pitch fader whenever out of the centre, when moving the pitch fader, the pitch "jumps" and increases a lot. Do you believe 1.4 will solve it too??

Thanks very much, and sorry for my english.
Belia Sawicki
I've checked the sensivity and it's the same on both. But I don't know why in scratch mode it works bad and with scratch off it works fine just like the other jog. But thank you all for the replies, I'll consider buying a fw upgrade kit.
Leeanna Ayla
The latest tsi from here was designed for the 1.4 firmware so there may be some conflicts with 1.1. You can check the rotary sensitivity for that jog in the tsi to make sure it is the same as the other jog. You may also need to clean and lube the contacts.

http://www.djranking s.com/2010/08/1...ers-jog-wheel/

All that said updating will make it better for various reasons.
Madalene Ranjan
The 1.4 firmware upgrade increases pitch fader and jog wheel sensitivity and accuracy. Upgrading your firmware should solve your problems, unless it is a hardware issue.

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy