USB Device Not Recognized

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: USB Device Not RecognizedReply
USB Device Not Recognized
Posted on: 31.05.2010 by Tiara Bastarache
Hello all,

Today it seems as though my computer dosen't want to play peacefully with the VCI-100se.

Had been running fine for the past couple of months until today. Pluged the VCI-100se in and didn't detect the drivers and gave me the "USB Device not recognized". I Did some google searching and found a couple of things. 1 the mouse I was using was a logitech. Picked up a new mouse and nothing changed. Afterwards I did a full system restore on the computer.

The system restore didn't work and thus that lands me here. Anyone have any ideas? Is it possible that my computer isn't putting out enough power to detect the VCI-100se?

Specs on the computer:

Intel Dual Core Processor 1.8 gigs

320 gig HD

2048 DDR2

PS: Only thing thats lighting up is the power LED.
Corine Kasman
Originally Posted by Johnv
Well, seems to only work on certain USB ports. I guess some of my ports aren't putting off enough power.
Gotta watch those USB ports, the VCI will need quite a bit of juice with all the lights going. Same goes for hubs, non-powered hubs are a no-no.

Glad you got it working.

Phil.
Tiara Bastarache
Hello all,

Today it seems as though my computer dosen't want to play peacefully with the VCI-100se.

Had been running fine for the past couple of months until today. Pluged the VCI-100se in and didn't detect the drivers and gave me the "USB Device not recognized". I Did some google searching and found a couple of things. 1 the mouse I was using was a logitech. Picked up a new mouse and nothing changed. Afterwards I did a full system restore on the computer.

The system restore didn't work and thus that lands me here. Anyone have any ideas? Is it possible that my computer isn't putting out enough power to detect the VCI-100se?

Specs on the computer:

Intel Dual Core Processor 1.8 gigs

320 gig HD

2048 DDR2

PS: Only thing thats lighting up is the power LED.
Randal Biza
Thanks for the tip.

I was having the exact same problem, messed around with USB audio drivers, couldn't solve anything.

Then I just plugged the VCI 100 directly into my computer (instead of USB hub) and it worked instantly.

Cheers!
Tiara Bastarache
Funny part is I had tried multiple ports as well before posting. Computer is about 3 years old anyways. Time to start looking at a refurbed laptop.
Corine Kasman
Originally Posted by Johnv
Well, seems to only work on certain USB ports. I guess some of my ports aren't putting off enough power.
Gotta watch those USB ports, the VCI will need quite a bit of juice with all the lights going. Same goes for hubs, non-powered hubs are a no-no.

Glad you got it working.

Phil.
Tiara Bastarache
Tiara Bastarache
Just tried turning the VCI off and then back on. Nothing different. Still getting the same "USB Device Not Recognized"
Yahaira Wolensky
i had the same issue, i just turned the vci on and off, and it worked. Weird thing is that the sensitivity of my jog wheels changed and they were stuck "on" red. After I set the sensitivity to 1/2, they worked fine and the vci was recognized.

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy