Glichy Shift Button + Shift/Exit Problem

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: Glichy Shift Button + Shift/Exit ProblemReply
Glichy Shift Button + Shift/Exit Problem
Posted on: 02.10.2010 by Chu Sukalski
Hi everyone,

i have a problem with my shift button und my vci se (firmware 1.4) with mapping 3.6.0/3.6.3

On a Windows 7 32bit PC with Audio 2 DJ soundcard.

every time i press shift during playpack, i hear a glitch i cant remember if this was the same with firmware 1.3, but how can i fix this?

the next problem is the following:

if i start a song with the play button, it lights up blue >> everything fine
if i press shift during a playback, both playbuttons (if they are blue) goes back to yellow.... only if i pause and replay the deck, they are blue again.

at this time i use the 3.6.3 mapping file from flashflooder, but with the original files 3.6.0/3.6.3 from djtt it was the same problem.

nice is, that the glich problem with the fx-buttons is fixed now. thanks!

EDIT: the same glitch problem on the juggle-buttons!

greats
zawn
Leeanna Ayla
Originally Posted by flashflooder
I finally tested this and it seems to work, which is amazing but also frustrating since I didn't figure this out earlier and probably should've.

To clarify what to do for those foreign to MIDI mapping and Traktor's Controller Manager is to go into Preferences->Controller Manager and then Select the appropriate "VCI-100SE..." mapping in the Device listbox.

Then you will want to sort thru the "Comments" section and look for the following lines to delete "Juggle Mode 1-4 Cue Point LEDs" and "Juggle Mode 5-8 Cue Point LEDs". There should be 4 instances of each, 8 total.

You do not need to delete the lines stating "Juggle Mode 1-4 LED" or "Juggle Mode 5-8 LED", those are for the Juggle Mode button LEDs and you will want visual LED response for those.
I missed this when you posted it. Glad you got it figured out.
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by Dj crashzkitt
Hey Guys i have the same problem.

i dont know how to find these lines

can somebody explain it to me step by step ?

wouldt be great.

also another question: when i detleted these lines

is than the noise wich is coming when i press shift also away ?

sorry for my bad english
yes, the shift noise goes away. please see my post above which explains how to do it step by step.
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by wrigh_a
please see KADKAD's response on this one which works a treat!

remove the led outs for the cue points in juggle mode, and u will not have the glitch noise anymore. it works for me.. it is in the "out" category "modifier #3" in your mapping.. there are 10 bindings.. you have to delete all except for d7 and d#7 which are the leds for juggl1-4 and juggle 5-8...
it works for me
I finally tested this and it seems to work, which is amazing but also frustrating since I didn't figure this out earlier and probably should've.

To clarify what to do for those foreign to MIDI mapping and Traktor's Controller Manager is to go into Preferences->Controller Manager and then Select the appropriate "VCI-100SE..." mapping in the Device listbox.

Then you will want to sort thru the "Comments" section and look for the following lines to delete "Juggle Mode 1-4 Cue Point LEDs" and "Juggle Mode 5-8 Cue Point LEDs". There should be 4 instances of each, 8 total.

You do not need to delete the lines stating "Juggle Mode 1-4 LED" or "Juggle Mode 5-8 LED", those are for the Juggle Mode button LEDs and you will want visual LED response for those.
Somer Vanstraten
remove the led outs for the cue points in juggle mode, and u will not have the glitch noise anymore. it works for me.. it is in the "out" category "modifier #3" in your mapping.. there are 10 bindings.. you have to delete all except for d7 and d#7 which are the leds for juggl1-4 and juggle 5-8...
it works for me
Same things i wrote in the post before yours.
Kelsey Maylone
I wish I had a concrete answer for you but this problem has been driving me crazy trying to fix. There is a lot of variance between PC users that experience this issue and in the past these glitching noises were attributed to instances of "Send Monitor State" which resulted in a large transfer of data; however, the Shift button doesn't do this.

Could you post your computer's basic specs and maybe try some older mappings from the VCI-100SE backlog and see where the transition was that resulted in the Shift glitch issue? That would be very helpful because (even though I run a PC) I rarely run into this issue so it is difficult for me to properly test how to fix it.
It's kind of weird a midi controller to make noises.When i disabled the midi out at controller mapping options i didn't get the shift button noise.
Generally it's a vaio pc runnig windows 7 professional 64bit clean format after buying the laptop with intel i3 cpu and music collection at external hard drive through e-sata.At last the audio card is the ni audio2dj.
i had this problem since 4or something more months but i had found the solution of bigger latency times which could solve the problem.At the last mappings(hd i believe) this trick don't work and you get again sounds even if se t worse time latency.
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by zawn
if i press shift during a playback, both playbuttons (if they are blue) goes back to yellow.... only if i pause and replay the deck, they are blue again.
This is an issue with the tsi. Unfortunately there does not seem to be any way around it. As far as I can tell, it is an issue with how Traktor handles Midi out signals because in theory the mapping for it should work. The only other thing I believe it could be causing this is how DaveX engineered the Play button LED to respond to Midi out commands, but that doesn't really make sense to me either.

the same glitch problem on the juggle-buttons!
I have heard this from others. Does it seem like people who have issues with the Juggle buttons always have the Shift issue as well? I use a PC but have never experienced the Juggle Button glitch noise but have on a few random occasions had the Shift issue.

As far as I can tell, the mapping is fine, it just may be too long/complex and could be causing the CPU/Traktor issues (for PC users). This of course, makes solving this problem that much more difficult.

I apologize to everyone for not having a quick fix for this. I wish there was one, and if there is, I hope I find it.
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by mi3s
The only solution which i found is in midi mapping of the vci to set out to none instead of vci.You are not getting signals for leds back to the controller but this is the best solution.I still waiting about someone here to find any solution about this.
I wish I had a concrete answer for you but this problem has been driving me crazy trying to fix. There is a lot of variance between PC users that experience this issue and in the past these glitching noises were attributed to instances of "Send Monitor State" which resulted in a large transfer of data; however, the Shift button doesn't do this.

Could you post your computer's basic specs and maybe try some older mappings from the VCI-100SE backlog and see where the transition was that resulted in the Shift glitch issue? That would be very helpful because (even though I run a PC) I rarely run into this issue so it is difficult for me to properly test how to fix it.
Leeanna Ayla

I missed this when you posted it. Glad you got it figured out.
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by Dj crashzkitt

wouldt be great.

sorry for my bad english
yes, the shift noise goes away. please see my post above which explains how to do it step by step.
Chiquita Peltzer

wouldt be great.

sorry for my bad english
Jodi Lacerra

it works for me

Ammie Deni
yes totally the same i just though it would go into a bit more detail for people who are not too familiar with which modifiers to change (like myself). Any way good we have a temporary fix.
Somer Vanstraten
it works for me
Same things i wrote in the post before yours.
Ammie Deni
it works for me
Ammie Deni

it works for me
Somer Vanstraten
i was having the same problem here.
I have a DIY arcade edition, so i decided to delete the led out for the arcade buttons from the tsi,( they doesnt have leds anymore) and.... it works! now is all ok!
you can try yourself, delete for example the alternate led colours when in juggle mode 1-4 and 5-8 and let me know.
Fewer are the output, fewer are the problems.
Roy Houn
i had the same noise/sound when pressing the juggle/shift buttons, ive raised the latency a fraction and that seem to fix it for now anyway, thought id share this with you
Kelsey Maylone

It's kind of weird a midi controller to make noises.When i disabled the midi out at controller mapping options i didn't get the shift button noise.
Generally it's a vaio pc runnig windows 7 professional 64bit clean format after buying the laptop with intel i3 cpu and music collection at external hard drive through e-sata.At last the audio card is the ni audio2dj.
i had this problem since 4or something more months but i had found the solution of bigger latency times which could solve the problem.At the last mappings(hd i believe) this trick don't work and you get again sounds even if se t worse time latency.
Jodi Lacerra
This is an issue with the tsi. Unfortunately there does not seem to be any way around it. As far as I can tell, it is an issue with how Traktor handles Midi out signals because in theory the mapping for it should work. The only other thing I believe it could be causing this is how DaveX engineered the Play button LED to respond to Midi out commands, but that doesn't really make sense to me either.

the same glitch problem on the juggle-buttons!
I have heard this from others. Does it seem like people who have issues with the Juggle buttons always have the Shift issue as well? I use a PC but have never experienced the Juggle Button glitch noise but have on a few random occasions had the Shift issue.

As far as I can tell, the mapping is fine, it just may be too long/complex and could be causing the CPU/Traktor issues (for PC users). This of course, makes solving this problem that much more difficult.

I apologize to everyone for not having a quick fix for this. I wish there was one, and if there is, I hope I find it.
Jodi Lacerra
Originally Posted by mi3s
The only solution which i found is in midi mapping of the vci to set out to none instead of vci.You are not getting signals for leds back to the controller but this is the best solution.I still waiting about someone here to find any solution about this.

Kelsey Maylone
Kelsey Maylone
Could someone help me with this problem?I really can't find howto solve it!
Kelsey Maylone
I tried the game booster but i still can't play with this.Any other solution?Please guys!
Chu Sukalski
thanks for the hint gingerman i
Odilia Gatica
I had the glitch problem, tried Str8upDrew's "send monitor state" glitch app with no luck, then i ran gamebooster and it aint 100% perfect, but its 95% better! http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html
Leeanna Ayla
Are the djtech tools guys updating the tsi to resolve the glitch?

Many thanks
Yes, flashflooder posted yesterday that he was going to begin working on it very soon in this thread.

http://www.djranking s.com/community /sho...t=18333&page=5
Chu Sukalski
i hope so
Ammie Deni
Is midi yoke compatiable with Windows 7?

Are the djtech tools guys updating the tsi to resolve the glitch?

Many thanks
Ammie Deni
I also have the glitch problem with an audio2 sound card. I have to raise the latency to 16ms which seems a bit high to resolve. previously with earlier tsi i could get away with 9.5ms latency
Graham Frazier
This glitch could be the famous windows "send monitor state" glitch, but i have an app currently in open beta that fixes this.

The current version of the app can be found on page 5, post #47 of this thread
http://www.djranking s.com/community /sho...t=17497&page=5

There are setup instructions throughout the thread, and this app requires the use of a virtual midi cable like Midi Yoke which is free.
Odilia Gatica
Im getting the glitch with the juggle buttons too I have firmware 1.4 and the new 3.6.3 mapping. On the old firmware & mapping i had this problem but raised the latency and it fixed it, but this dont seem to work on the new firmware & mapping file.

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy