does taking the vci-100 apart void the warranty?

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: does taking the vci-100 apart void the warranty?Reply
does taking the vci-100 apart void the warranty?
Posted on: 08.02.2011 by Nobuko Flegle
so i just got my vci-100 in. came in super fast, 2 days from zzounds.com for 420 shipped.

i noticed right off the bat that the left jog wheel is a bit looser and it makes a clicking sound when rotated quickly...go figure...

i saw some videos on how to take apart and tighten the jogs. but i was wondering if taking apart the vci will void the warranty. any help would be greatly appreciated. id like to get rid of this stupid clicking noise.
Nobuko Flegle
Originally Posted by fullenglishpint
Sounds like the curve is just set a little sharp somewhere (either on software or hardware).

This is normal, notice that if you turn the curve all the way to sharp then you will get no movement until you are right at the end on each side, which is used for scratching.
oh alright i see now. yeah mine was turned like it was for scratching. sorry this is my first dj controller ^_^. i believe i made the right choice with the vci-100. has tons of room to grow but still can be used for a beginner.
Tatum Ansaldo
Originally Posted by lyons238
the unit is new. and i adjusted the curve and now its even atleast but the crossfader is still funky. the first 1/3" i move it to either side of the center line doesnt register on traktor. i have to move it about half way to either side before it registers. is this normal?
Sounds like the curve is just set a little sharp somewhere (either on software or hardware).

This is normal, notice that if you turn the curve all the way to sharp then you will get no movement until you are right at the end on each side, which is used for scratching.
Nobuko Flegle
check your x-fader curve settings in traktor AND on the back of the VCI. Is the unit new? If not, or if it's an ex display model it might just need cleaning.
the unit is new. and i adjusted the curve and now its even atleast but the crossfader is still funky. the first 1/3" i move it to either side of the center line doesnt register on traktor. i have to move it about half way to either side before it registers. is this normal?
Nobuko Flegle
if all you're doing is tightening it then they'll probably never know... but I imagine in theory that does void the warranty.
ok thanks. now i have another problem...the crossfader is acting weird...

when i move it to the right side it responds just fine in traktor. when i move it to the left side it doesnt move (in traktor) until i get almost all the way to the left (on the vci). what could be causing this? id hate to have to send my unit back already...
Nobuko Flegle
so i just got my vci-100 in. came in super fast, 2 days from zzounds.com for 420 shipped.

i noticed right off the bat that the left jog wheel is a bit looser and it makes a clicking sound when rotated quickly...go figure...

i saw some videos on how to take apart and tighten the jogs. but i was wondering if taking apart the vci will void the warranty. any help would be greatly appreciated. id like to get rid of this stupid clicking noise.
Nobuko Flegle
so everythings good now except the one jog seems a little looser and makes more noise when spun. but i believe i can fix that. and i noticed the first fx parameter has a stiff spot at about 3/4. is there anyway to clean out the knobs inside for future reference? or do you believe the stuff spot will work out?

kind of annoying a brand new unit quirks but w/e
Nobuko Flegle

oh alright i see now. yeah mine was turned like it was for scratching. sorry this is my first dj controller ^_^. i believe i made the right choice with the vci-100. has tons of room to grow but still can be used for a beginner.
Tatum Ansaldo
Originally Posted by lyons238

Leeanna Ayla
If the curve is set all the way to the least amount the fader in the software should move exactly with the hardware fader.
Nobuko Flegle
check your x-fader curve settings in traktor AND on the back of the VCI. Is the unit new? If not, or if it's an ex display model it might just need cleaning.
Tatum Ansaldo
Nobuko Flegle
if all you're doing is tightening it then they'll probably never know... but I imagine in theory that does void the warranty.
ok thanks. now i have another problem...the crossfader is acting weird...

when i move it to the right side it responds just fine in traktor. when i move it to the left side it doesnt move (in traktor) until i get almost all the way to the left (on the vci). what could be causing this? id hate to have to send my unit back already...
Tatum Ansaldo

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy