firmware upgrade to power problem/ help in Memphis area?

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: firmware upgrade to power problem/ help in Memphis area?Reply
firmware upgrade to power problem/ help in Memphis area?
Posted on: 15.12.2009 by Evangeline Klausman
Hi, I recently purchased a vci 100 with the SE overlay, it worked perfectly except for the mapping problems. I ordered the firmware up grade circuit and bought a serial to usb cable yesterday, and the upgrade was unsuccessful. I was troubleshooting through the community s to see if i could work my way around the problem, and finally decided that i was going to wait til next week and go to a friends house that has a serial port on his desktop. So i put the controller back together and now the unit isnt getting any power, from the usb or the 9 volt source. I opened it back up and re checked all the connections and everything is as it should be. I fiddled with the firmware program again because someone else mentioned that the unit may still be in boot mode. But none of the LEDs are operational.

After 5 hours of this i have reached my wits end, and i need help. I was hoping maybe there is someone in the Memphis area that can help, but i am pretty desperate if anyone has any ideas. I have sunk enough money in this to where i just really need to get this fixed or i am going to lose my mind. Thanks.

UPDATE: I was fiddling with it again, so i connected it to my mac this time, and pulled up the system profiler, the jog wheels lit up red, but the unit didn't do anything else. Maybe someone will recognize the problem with this.
Evangeline Klausman
Hi, I recently purchased a vci 100 with the SE overlay, it worked perfectly except for the mapping problems. I ordered the firmware up grade circuit and bought a serial to usb cable yesterday, and the upgrade was unsuccessful. I was troubleshooting through the community s to see if i could work my way around the problem, and finally decided that i was going to wait til next week and go to a friends house that has a serial port on his desktop. So i put the controller back together and now the unit isnt getting any power, from the usb or the 9 volt source. I opened it back up and re checked all the connections and everything is as it should be. I fiddled with the firmware program again because someone else mentioned that the unit may still be in boot mode. But none of the LEDs are operational.

After 5 hours of this i have reached my wits end, and i need help. I was hoping maybe there is someone in the Memphis area that can help, but i am pretty desperate if anyone has any ideas. I have sunk enough money in this to where i just really need to get this fixed or i am going to lose my mind. Thanks.

UPDATE: I was fiddling with it again, so i connected it to my mac this time, and pulled up the system profiler, the jog wheels lit up red, but the unit didn't do anything else. Maybe someone will recognize the problem with this.
Tesha Pensyl
by memphis, do you mean memphis tennessee?
Evangeline Klausman
HEY! So i finally got the problem fixed. I bought a serial to serial cable and actually used my parent's very...very old Dell computer that had a serial port to transfer the firmware. So all is well, merry christmas to me.

Hey MR. Lucky- It sure sounds like your VCI-100 is stuck in boot mode. That you may have not completely finished flashing the firmware. I would really recommend re-doing the process at a friends house with the serial port and worse case scenario send the controller to us and we can fix it.
Evangeline Klausman
no one has any ideas?...really...

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy