need some opinions on jog colors and knobs

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: need some opinions on jog colors and knobsReply
need some opinions on jog colors and knobs
Posted on: 17.02.2011 by Nobuko Flegle
so im feeling a little frisky and im going to paint my jogs. i have the silver vci-100 but i plan to get an overlay once djtt makes one for traktor pro2. i was believeing of painting my jogs flat black. and then getting some yellow knobs. keep in mind i would like to do colors that will look good with silver and black when the new overlay comes out.

also how are the colored knobs in the store? are they quality or cheesy feeling?

im open to any opinions though
Nobuko Flegle
Originally Posted by deviantdigi
These are fantastic: http://store.djranking s.com/product...-sliders-black I use them on my Mixtrack, you really can't go wrong unless your really considering style. In that case glow in the dark

I painted my Hercules MP3 E2 recently. I used the $3 can of touchtone spray paint. I prepped and sanded, painted and added a 2 clear coats. Even after 3 or so days it still left finger print indents in the actual paint. Something with the black paint, doesn't happen with the white.
well i am going for style as well a quality so its a tough choice. and yeah i guess ill have to let my jogs dry for a while. except i dont believe im doing any clear coats because i dont believe they have conductive flat clear coats. because i believe ill be painting the jogs flat black.
Nobuko Flegle
Originally Posted by photojojo
They're quality knobs, chunkier than the stock knobs.
yeah thats one thing i could tell. do they have a hard plastic feel or a slightly softer feel? my problem is im believeing the black knobs are slight better quality and will look better on my silver vci w black jogs. but then when i get an overlay i believe the yellows will look better. HMMMM choices
Nobuko Flegle
so im feeling a little frisky and im going to paint my jogs. i have the silver vci-100 but i plan to get an overlay once djtt makes one for traktor pro2. i was believeing of painting my jogs flat black. and then getting some yellow knobs. keep in mind i would like to do colors that will look good with silver and black when the new overlay comes out.

also how are the colored knobs in the store? are they quality or cheesy feeling?

im open to any opinions though
Nobuko Flegle
Originally Posted by deviantdigi
These are fantastic: http://store.djranking s.com/product...-sliders-black I use them on my Mixtrack, you really can't go wrong unless your really considering style. In that case glow in the dark

I painted my Hercules MP3 E2 recently. I used the $3 can of touchtone spray paint. I prepped and sanded, painted and added a 2 clear coats. Even after 3 or so days it still left finger print indents in the actual paint. Something with the black paint, doesn't happen with the white.
well i am going for style as well a quality so its a tough choice. and yeah i guess ill have to let my jogs dry for a while. except i dont believe im doing any clear coats because i dont believe they have conductive flat clear coats. because i believe ill be painting the jogs flat black.
Franklin Momany

Nobuko Flegle
thanks guys. im still stuck on which knobs to buy .

and deviant while i do know what your saying, i do slightly disagree. i painted my wheels on my truck with 99c spray paint from walmart and 99c clear coat and people thought i got them powder coated. also they lasted all winter with the salt and everything and still look great.

basically the biggest part of painting is prep work and a proper application. not necessarily the paint itself. to an extent..

but i still plan on getting some decent conductive paint. im not going to spend a crazy amount though thats for sure.
Franklin Momany
Learn from my mistakes. Please, please, please use a quality spray paint.
Leeanna Ayla
The black knobs from DJTT are rubberized.
Tatum Ansaldo
The DJTT knobs are cool, but they're not as good quality as the black rubberised ones that came with my black VCI. When I got them, I took one out of the bag and the black line fell right off (though i clicked it back on again and it's been fine since. Also when they arrived, some of them were upside down (pointed to 6 o'clock when in the middle rather than 12) but the inside piece comes out and can but put back in the other way up.

I'm pretty happy with them, and they look awesome, but they're not perfect and I wouldn't say they're easier to use or anything.
Nobuko Flegle
Originally Posted by photojojo
yeah thats one thing i could tell. do they have a hard plastic feel or a slightly softer feel? my problem is im believeing the black knobs are slight better quality and will look better on my silver vci w black jogs. but then when i get an overlay i believe the yellows will look better. HMMMM choices
Leeanna Ayla

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy