loose jog wheel

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: loose jog wheelReply
loose jog wheel
Posted on: 14.02.2011 by Nobuko Flegle
i got my vci-100 about a week ago and noticed right off the bat that the left jog wheel is a bit loose. for instance, if i put pressure on the outside ring it jiggle up on one side and down on the side im putting pressure on.

but i was wondering will i have to take the whole thing apart to tighten this or will the top 3 screws do the trick? if not what will..?
Nobuko Flegle
Originally Posted by photojojo
You need to pinch and hold it there or it will just slide back up. Very little movement on the collar makes a pretty big difference. The fingerprints shouldn't matter much as long as they're not on the area that goes through the sensor. If they are a soft cloth like you use to clean glasses should wipe them off. DON"T USE PAPER. I'll tighten the allen bolt by holding the wrench near the bend. That way I get plenty of pressure, but not have to worry about to much due to leverage.
thanks. but it seemed like when i pinched mine down and tightened it, the jog would barely spin. so i just pinched it down then let it go and it didnt seem to move, then tightened it.

and there was some fingerprints on the data area but i couldnt wipe them off because u cant put much pressure on that little disc. i did use a microfiber cloth.

thanks for the help. looks like ill be taking it apart again in the near future haha.
Nobuko Flegle
The culprit is more than likely the little collar I show in the video. It takes very little pressure to get it right so you'll probably need to do it a couple of times. Just double check the spin before you put it all back together.
alright thank you. so just pinch it lightly and evenly down? it seems like the plate that the optical sensor is flimsy no?
Nobuko Flegle
i got my vci-100 about a week ago and noticed right off the bat that the left jog wheel is a bit loose. for instance, if i put pressure on the outside ring it jiggle up on one side and down on the side im putting pressure on.

but i was wondering will i have to take the whole thing apart to tighten this or will the top 3 screws do the trick? if not what will..?
Nobuko Flegle
You need to pinch and hold it there or it will just slide back up. Very little movement on the collar makes a pretty big difference. The fingerprints shouldn't matter much as long as they're not on the area that goes through the sensor. If they are a soft cloth like you use to clean glasses should wipe them off. DON"T USE PAPER. I'll tighten the allen bolt by holding the wrench near the bend. That way I get plenty of pressure, but not have to worry about to much due to leverage.
thanks. but it seemed like when i pinched mine down and tightened it, the jog would barely spin. so i just pinched it down then let it go and it didnt seem to move, then tightened it.

and there was some fingerprints on the data area but i couldnt wipe them off because u cant put much pressure on that little disc. i did use a microfiber cloth.

thanks for the help. looks like ill be taking it apart again in the near future haha.
Leeanna Ayla
Nobuko Flegle
so i did the job and it did tighten it up a little bit but it still has more play than the right side. my right side has basically no play. i wasent sure how tight to tighten the little allen on the collar and also every time i put any pressure on the collar and tightened it it spun like crap. i basically just pinched it down then let it go and tightened the allen which seems to spin fine. but the spinning was never a issue for me just the play in the jog wheel.

also i got some fingerprints on the little sensor disc or the factory did. it seems to work fine does anyone know if this can mess it up?
Nobuko Flegle
The culprit is more than likely the little collar I show in the video. It takes very little pressure to get it right so you'll probably need to do it a couple of times. Just double check the spin before you put it all back together.
alright thank you. so just pinch it lightly and evenly down? it seems like the plate that the optical sensor is flimsy no?
Leeanna Ayla
Nobuko Flegle
so i took off the jog plate and tried tightening the 4 screws under there. no dice looks like ill be cracking open the ole' vci very soon. i dont want to throw anything else out of whack from using it while its sort of loose like this.
Nobuko Flegle
ok thanks guys. but the left wheel is noticeably looser than the right and its annoying when i go to use it i feel it move, which doesn't happen on the right. and welt ill give that a try, hopefully that will do the trick. i really dont feel like ripping the thing apart and messing with that little allen. i feel like i wouldn't align it right and would mess up the sensor or something lol.
robin loo
you might just unscrew the topplate and tighten up the 4 screws that hold the jog in position..
Leeanna Ayla
A little wobble is normal, but it shouldn't be to much. You can try to tighten the three screws as that's the easiest thing to do first. If not watch these two videos to learn all you need about jog wheel maintenance.

http://www.djranking s.com/2010/10/0...l-vci-100-300/
http://www.djranking s.com/2010/08/1...ers-jog-wheel/

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy