Juggle mode Vestax vci question

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: Juggle mode Vestax vci questionReply
Juggle mode Vestax vci question
Posted on: 24.02.2011 by Kathie Marenda
This is something i don't understand, i always beatgrid my tracks, the first beat traktor always sets a white little triangle with the number 1 in it, but now i want to use juggle mode 1,2,3,4 but when i found some nice section of a song to use juggle mode to make a nice sample samothing goes wrong, because if i press the juggle 1 it always selects the white gridmarker with the number one in it.
I hope i make some sense with this, hope someone knows what to do!
Tatum Ansaldo
Originally Posted by deviantdigi
I've always had this issue with cue point 1. I got tried of trying to fix it and just cut my loses. Remapped my hotcue button 1 to cue/cup in.
why don't you just place the grid marker later in the track?
Kathie Marenda
This is something i don't understand, i always beatgrid my tracks, the first beat traktor always sets a white little triangle with the number 1 in it, but now i want to use juggle mode 1,2,3,4 but when i found some nice section of a song to use juggle mode to make a nice sample samothing goes wrong, because if i press the juggle 1 it always selects the white gridmarker with the number one in it.
I hope i make some sense with this, hope someone knows what to do!
Tatum Ansaldo
If I have a problem with the grid I normally just sort it out while the last song was playing, in all that time I could have wasted manually beatmashing
Franklin Momany
I don't like having to stop and fix and replace markers, unless I really need to. It doesn't bother me really, not enough to stop and replace markers for the 10 GB's + of music I have on my HDD. "NEXT TRACK!"
Tatum Ansaldo
Originally Posted by deviantdigi
I've always had this issue with cue point 1. I got tried of trying to fix it and just cut my loses. Remapped my hotcue button 1 to cue/cup in.
why don't you just place the grid marker later in the track?
Franklin Momany
Tatum Ansaldo
This is because Traktor only has 8 cue points available, and they can be of any kind (load markers, grid markers, loop markers or just plain old hotcues). By default, Traktor uses cue point 1 as the grid marker and puts this on what it believes is the first beat. You can get round this in 2 ways.

One way is just to delete the grid marker and place another one (place a cue then change its type in the advanced control section to 'grid') on a beat in the track where you actually want a cue point. The grid will be laid out as normal provided you place it accurately.

The other involves the 'map' button in the advanced control section and does in fact create a grid marker without using a hotcue slot. I can't remember exactly how to do it, but I'm pretty sure it's in the manual. However, this method is a bit time consuming.

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy