CONSTANT crashing when using FX banks/slicer w/ VCI-100SE & 1.4

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: CONSTANT crashing when using FX banks/slicer w/ VCI-100SE & 1.4Reply
CONSTANT crashing when using FX banks/slicer w/ VCI-100SE & 1.4
Posted on: 14.02.2011 by Stefanie Edlin
** Just as a quick note, my original re-mapping of my original VCI-100 (1.1 or 1.2 don't remember) always worked, never crashed, no glitches, nothing **

My comp is a 2.8 GHZ, 4GB ram, etc.. its a power desktop I built myself so I'm not worried about specs, ram or memory.

OK, so I read the readme's, I've tried both the MAC and PC (1.4) mappings, both are fine EXCEPT when I want to do a lot of FX, I'll load up FX bank 3 or 4 (gater + whatever or beatm + whatever), use that, use the volume faders, pitch sliders, jog wheel etc... then, once in about ten or twenty times or so, the entire Traktor program will lock up and the sound output will be a 1/8 clip looped and extremely loud, like a huge glitch glitch glitch.

If I restart my VCI right away (off, then back on), Traktor will delay for 1-2 seconds but continue playing the song without the FX and go back to normal. Then I'll have to go BACK into Controller Manager and reset the mappings to the midi device.

Also, use the FX router gives off glitchy noises with both mappings for me (so does holding the SHIFT button sometimes), all of this is really annoying and frankly makes me wish I could go back to what I had previously before opening the entire thing and upgrading the firmware.

Is there any solution to this? I have to play a show tomorrow evening !

Thank you!
Stefanie Edlin
Originally Posted by fullenglishpint
What's your latency in Traktor set to? And what's this NI app you're using?

The flickering button LEDs are quite normal, I get that a lot and it doesn't affect audio.
I'm using Audio2DJ and I can change bit rate (latency) in that, which corresponds to my Traktor latency, I've tried everything from 1 to 5 to 8-9 (the highest Audio2DJ can give me). Same problem with popping audio while holding shift with any of these settings.
Stefanie Edlin
check your latency. that happened to me and I realised it was because I was using my built in sound card with 1ms latency and eeeeverything went all screwy.
Thank you for the reply.

I have the ASIO drivers installed and also am using Audio 2 DJ but that goes through a NI app where I can change the sample rate and latency, I've set it to the highest it can go (15) and still experienced a drop out in Fader FX mode.

I just ordered a DC9 adapter for my VCI-100SE, maybe not having the USB route the power will solve the issue because in NI it actually records my drop out as I/O errors and says that the USB hub might not get enough power in some cases.

Hopefully it works, I'll update when I get the adapter and do some more testing.
Stefanie Edlin
** Just as a quick note, my original re-mapping of my original VCI-100 (1.1 or 1.2 don't remember) always worked, never crashed, no glitches, nothing **

My comp is a 2.8 GHZ, 4GB ram, etc.. its a power desktop I built myself so I'm not worried about specs, ram or memory.

OK, so I read the readme's, I've tried both the MAC and PC (1.4) mappings, both are fine EXCEPT when I want to do a lot of FX, I'll load up FX bank 3 or 4 (gater + whatever or beatm + whatever), use that, use the volume faders, pitch sliders, jog wheel etc... then, once in about ten or twenty times or so, the entire Traktor program will lock up and the sound output will be a 1/8 clip looped and extremely loud, like a huge glitch glitch glitch.

If I restart my VCI right away (off, then back on), Traktor will delay for 1-2 seconds but continue playing the song without the FX and go back to normal. Then I'll have to go BACK into Controller Manager and reset the mappings to the midi device.

Also, use the FX router gives off glitchy noises with both mappings for me (so does holding the SHIFT button sometimes), all of this is really annoying and frankly makes me wish I could go back to what I had previously before opening the entire thing and upgrading the firmware.

Is there any solution to this? I have to play a show tomorrow evening !

Thank you!
Doug Bieling
Turn midi out off and se if that solves your issue
Hipolito Scionti
Yup dude, latency is different.

Check this vid: Ok Ean is talking about Traktor 2 but 6.30 mins in he gives a wicked tip for checking latency and also where it is in the settings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJQja...layer_embedded
Tatum Ansaldo
bitrate is not the same as latency... I'm talking about the setting inside traktor in the audio setup section.
Stefanie Edlin

The flickering button LEDs are quite normal, I get that a lot and it doesn't affect audio.
I'm using Audio2DJ and I can change bit rate (latency) in that, which corresponds to my Traktor latency, I've tried everything from 1 to 5 to 8-9 (the highest Audio2DJ can give me). Same problem with popping audio while holding shift with any of these settings.
Leeanna Ayla
Try Drew's program

http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=17497
Tatum Ansaldo

Stefanie Edlin
Hey,

So a quick update. I got the DC9 adapter. I'm now using that with my VCI-100, still no luck. Everytime I hit shift and use the pitch fader to reset the positioning, there is a little audio drop out and all the button backlights on the VCI-100 flicker as soon as I hit shift.

It's so extremely frustrating, I've tried everything. I don't know what else to do, maybe go back to my original settings but leave this firmware? Ugh... hopeless.
Bailey Fergurson
Please let me know if the HUB stops the freezing, as I am in the same predicament as yourself.

Thanks
Stefanie Edlin
check your latency. that happened to me and I realised it was because I was using my built in sound card with 1ms latency and eeeeverything went all screwy.
Thank you for the reply.

I have the ASIO drivers installed and also am using Audio 2 DJ but that goes through a NI app where I can change the sample rate and latency, I've set it to the highest it can go (15) and still experienced a drop out in Fader FX mode.

I just ordered a DC9 adapter for my VCI-100SE, maybe not having the USB route the power will solve the issue because in NI it actually records my drop out as I/O errors and says that the USB hub might not get enough power in some cases.

Hopefully it works, I'll update when I get the adapter and do some more testing.
Tatum Ansaldo

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy