VCI 100 Right Jog will only read forward

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: VCI 100 Right Jog will only read forwardReply
VCI 100 Right Jog will only read forward
Posted on: 22.02.2011 by Lauretta Ehrhorn
Hi all,
bought a VCI this week from Ebay with a known fault. The seller informed me that the right jog would only read forward and when trying to drag back this also read as forward. I thought i would open up the right jog and find a mass of dust within the encoder and have it back on track in no time with a view to modding it. However i have cleaned the encoder up and messages are still only being sent as forward and in fader fx it reads up on dry/wet no matter which way i spin the jog. Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this and can offer a solution. I am willing to replace the jog or sensor if needed but not clear how easy a task this would be.
BTW the VCI updated to 1.4 first time and is in perfect condition apart from this annoying fault. Certainly worth salvaging.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Lauretta Ehrhorn
Hi all,
bought a VCI this week from Ebay with a known fault. The seller informed me that the right jog would only read forward and when trying to drag back this also read as forward. I thought i would open up the right jog and find a mass of dust within the encoder and have it back on track in no time with a view to modding it. However i have cleaned the encoder up and messages are still only being sent as forward and in fader fx it reads up on dry/wet no matter which way i spin the jog. Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this and can offer a solution. I am willing to replace the jog or sensor if needed but not clear how easy a task this would be.
BTW the VCI updated to 1.4 first time and is in perfect condition apart from this annoying fault. Certainly worth salvaging.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Madalene Ranjan
I have never heard of anyone having this problem. You would probably do best replacing the jog wheel.
Lauretta Ehrhorn
No one experienced this fault? Hmm guess i'm gonna have to find a spare/repair VCI and switch the jogs over unless anyone can offer some help. Thanks in advance to anyone who can.

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy