Beginner needs help for his VCI-100 & Traktor

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: Beginner needs help for his VCI-100 & TraktorReply
Beginner needs help for his VCI-100 & Traktor
Posted on: 02.02.2011 by Tegan Sasahara
Hi guys ... !

I've recently bought a VCI-100 to try it and i've found DjTT, which contains a lots of informations and ressources about this mixer, but you already know that.

So here is my problem :
Under traktor, i don't know why but the effects doesn't work, and i can't decrease/increase the loop time...

By default it's 4 times, i'm totally a newb in djing so i read some manuals about VCI-100, and i saw some tips to do this such as push the key button and puth one of the 4 black button on the top left corner. But it doesn't work..

Yeah, i know, i'm a beginner and i want to practice again and again but... Even if i load a tsi file, or choose the VCI-100 in controller settings, it still doesn't work...

Any helps ?

Thanks
Tegan Sasahara
Originally Posted by fullenglishpint

In the long run I'd look into buying a firmware upgrade kit from the DJTT store and maybe an overlay, the upgrade really does make a big difference to the performance of the VCI.
Do you mean that, if i upgrade my VCI from 1.0 to 1.4, i'll have the Special Edition of the VCI ? Wow if i'm right, that's sound pretty good !

And i really love the black overlay of the SE edition

Okay now i want to upgrade...
Tegan Sasahara
Hi guys ... !

I've recently bought a VCI-100 to try it and i've found DjTT, which contains a lots of informations and ressources about this mixer, but you already know that.

So here is my problem :
Under traktor, i don't know why but the effects doesn't work, and i can't decrease/increase the loop time...

By default it's 4 times, i'm totally a newb in djing so i read some manuals about VCI-100, and i saw some tips to do this such as push the key button and puth one of the 4 black button on the top left corner. But it doesn't work..

Yeah, i know, i'm a beginner and i want to practice again and again but... Even if i load a tsi file, or choose the VCI-100 in controller settings, it still doesn't work...

Any helps ?

Thanks
Tegan Sasahara
Here I am :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKhOEQJ7ki8

Thanks to DJTTools !

Now I've got to find the best tsi file for me
Tegan Sasahara
Originally Posted by fullenglishpint

In the long run I'd look into buying a firmware upgrade kit from the DJTT store and maybe an overlay, the upgrade really does make a big difference to the performance of the VCI.
Do you mean that, if i upgrade my VCI from 1.0 to 1.4, i'll have the Special Edition of the VCI ? Wow if i'm right, that's sound pretty good !

And i really love the black overlay of the SE edition

Okay now i want to upgrade...
Tegan Sasahara
Hmmm okay it seems that my problem come from the tsi file...

Such i'm a beginner, do you have a suggestion concerning the choice of the tsi file ?
There are a lot of them for the VCI-100 and i'm a bit lost..

And i've bought my vci via a french website called "leboncoin".

The guy who had it told me he bought it just when it was new.. So i guess my firmware is 1.0

And BTW, sorry for my english, i'm a french
Tegan Sasahara
Haha, thanks guys !

The fact is that i didn't upgrade my vci so with dtt so...
Leeanna Ayla
Nope, My desktop.

My bookmarks that appear to be organized, but are really a mess.

Plus it's my video so I'm always wanting to share it.
Tatum Ansaldo
chris, do you just have that post saved on your desktop for situations such as this? It's always you who's in there like a flash with the firmware check video!
Leeanna Ayla
How to find what firmware you have

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Frehvs6aJjA
Tatum Ansaldo
you'll most likely want the 3 bank eq/filter type, but in general manufacturer's own mappings are a bit shit and don't make anything like full use of the available features.

Try this thread to find a mapping you like, I expect many of them work with the old firmware version you are likely to have since anyone with DJTT 1.3 or 1.4 firmware will probably be using the DJTT mapping.

Also I'd suggest you try doing a bit of your own mapping as it's a useful skill to have.

Tegan Sasahara
Hi,

I'm using the tsi file i've found here : http://help.vestax.co.jp/en/detail.p..._url=56&cate=0
TSI for Traktor PRO/DUO(3band EQ and filter type) & TSI for Traktor PRO/DUO(4band EQ and filter type)

I've tried both of them cuz i don't know which one i need, but i guess i need one of them.

And i don't know my VCI firmware.
Tatum Ansaldo
Welcome to the community . Do you know which version of the VCI firmware you have, and are you using the DJTT mapping?

All the controls on the VCI and indeed any midi controller are dependant on the mapping (tsi file) that you are using, so no one can help you with that until we know what mapping you have installed.

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy