Replacement Jogwheel Platters

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: Replacement Jogwheel PlattersReply
Replacement Jogwheel Platters
Posted on: 28.02.2011 by Emiko Lucek
Hey guys, I bought a used VCI100 a few months ago online. Everything has been great, except that the previous user had overtightened the metal touch surface disks to the clear plastic platters. The holes are now either cracked or stripped so the metal disk keeps coming loose- making my jog unresponsive to touch. The problem seems to be getting worse and happening quicker as time goes on. Anyone know where I can buy some replacements? I already emailed the store, figuring they may have some due to the refurb program, but no dice there. Thanks
Emiko Lucek
Hey guys, I bought a used VCI100 a few months ago online. Everything has been great, except that the previous user had overtightened the metal touch surface disks to the clear plastic platters. The holes are now either cracked or stripped so the metal disk keeps coming loose- making my jog unresponsive to touch. The problem seems to be getting worse and happening quicker as time goes on. Anyone know where I can buy some replacements? I already emailed the store, figuring they may have some due to the refurb program, but no dice there. Thanks
Olene Minyard
Or.....

Vestax Jog Wheels

Strangely, I only spotted these yesterday and thought to myself "how come someone would want two random jog wheels"....

I know it says ships to UK, but worth asking if you cover the postage to the States.
Emiko Lucek
Great idea! I thought about something like this, but wasn't sure if they made a specific product for it. I'll have to give it a whirl- even if it's not perfect, it's better than an unresponsive jog
Leeanna Ayla
You're talking about the clear disc correct? Go to an auto parts store and get some plastic repair putty.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/CarGo-16502-QuikSteel-Plastic-Repair/dp/B0013K01TQ"]Amazon.com: CarGo 16502 QuikSteel Plastic Repair Epoxy Putty - 2 oz.: Automotive@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51RajCxubQL.@@AMEPARAM@@51RajCxubQL[/ame]

Fill the hole and any cracks in completely and let it cure at least overevening . Then you'll be able to drill new holes through the cured putty. Not 100% sure this'll work, but it's worth a try.

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy