Some buttons not sending right signals

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: Some buttons not sending right signalsReply
Some buttons not sending right signals
Posted on: 18.02.2011 by Jason Schmock
Hey guys,
So I used the DJranking s blog entry about fixing the tension(from photojojo) in my VCI-100 se jog wheels. Before that, everything was working great, and I have a DIY arcade button mod. Upon using it after doing the fix the buttons 1-4 that are used as FX presets navigate my traktor library, and the slicer and delay buttons on the right hand side are not as responsive. Also, the sampler button doesn't seem to be really working either. I followed all instructions carefully, and no wires got disconnected.

HELP!
Franklin Momany
Originally Posted by sirtofu
EDIT:
I was trying to enable the FX presets the wrong way, as I guess I forgot how to do such a thing.

I was having trouble at the beginning but the last "problem" I've been discussing was due to my forgetting how one of the things works. I'm sorry for wasting everybody's time, and thank you for at least responding.
Hahaha its all good. Thats why it is a good idea to make your own mapping. You know what everything does and how the functions work.
Tatum Ansaldo
UPDATE:
Arcade buttons seem to be working. I pulled up the controller editor, and pressed learn and the FX presets 1-4, are sending the wrong signals. They are sending signals that are the same in the DJranking s mapping as "tree list up/down", a modifier, and "cruise mode".
I just checked my mapping and, as I thought, there's no input for cruise mode. Are you absolutely sure you have the right mapping? Have you tried redownloading it? Do you use another controller whose mapping you might have mixed up with that of the VCI?
Jason Schmock
Hey guys,
So I used the DJranking s blog entry about fixing the tension(from photojojo) in my VCI-100 se jog wheels. Before that, everything was working great, and I have a DIY arcade button mod. Upon using it after doing the fix the buttons 1-4 that are used as FX presets navigate my traktor library, and the slicer and delay buttons on the right hand side are not as responsive. Also, the sampler button doesn't seem to be really working either. I followed all instructions carefully, and no wires got disconnected.

HELP!
Franklin Momany
EDIT:
I was trying to enable the FX presets the wrong way, as I guess I forgot how to do such a thing.

I was having trouble at the beginning but the last "problem" I've been discussing was due to my forgetting how one of the things works. I'm sorry for wasting everybody's time, and thank you for at least responding.
Hahaha its all good. Thats why it is a good idea to make your own mapping. You know what everything does and how the functions work.
Jason Schmock
It looks like the culprits are the FX buttons.
For example:
FX preset 1 outputs Ch01.Note.F7
This lines up with values listed in the mapping.
When I press shift + FX preset 1 it turns on the audio recorder (as it should). When I press it by it self it does nothing!

EDIT:

Jason Schmock
My VCI-100 should not magically decide to output different channel signals from buttons, after working correctly for a very,very long time.

Could reflashing my VCI-100's firmware fix this?
Franklin Momany
Not a bad time to learn how to make your make your own mappings.
Jason Schmock
Hmm, maybe I didn't see cruise mode. I've been using the DJranking s .tsi mapping.
Tatum Ansaldo
UPDATE:
Arcade buttons seem to be working. I pulled up the controller editor, and pressed learn and the FX presets 1-4, are sending the wrong signals. They are sending signals that are the same in the DJranking s mapping as "tree list up/down", a modifier, and "cruise mode".
I just checked my mapping and, as I thought, there's no input for cruise mode. Are you absolutely sure you have the right mapping? Have you tried redownloading it? Do you use another controller whose mapping you might have mixed up with that of the VCI?
Leeanna Ayla
The VCI is just a dumb MIDI controller so if buttons are doing something that's a mapping issue. Are you sure you've got the right mapping loaded?
Jason Schmock
Just tried it on another computer, same issue. Does anybody have any idea why/how this could be happening? This is really stressing me out.
Jason Schmock
Yes I have done this.
Leeanna Ayla
Did you load the tsi twice using the big import button and have the in/out ports selected.
Jason Schmock
Ok I just upgrraded to 1.2.7. Now when I connect the VCI none of the arcade buttons are working or the FX presets 1-4 in traktor pro. When I connect the VCI, the data light flashes correctly when I press the arcade buttons. However, when I boot into traktor, the data signal light does not light up. Please help!

UPDATE:
Jason Schmock
I'm using version 1.2.4. But it was working before I opened up my vci, and put it back together.
Madalene Ranjan
Are you using the latest version of Traktor? You should be running 1.2.7
Jason Schmock
Yeah I have tried that. Things seem to be settling down a little bit, but when I press the sampler button the head phone cues do not light up, and the fx preset puttons still aren't working correctly.
Leeanna Ayla
Not sure how working on the jog wheels could affect the mapping, but you might try and reload the mapping. Do it twice using the big import button, then make sure the VCI is selected in the in/out ports.

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy