Arcade buttons!

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: Arcade buttons!Reply
Arcade buttons!
Posted on: 28.02.2011 by Irvin Welvaert
hi to all! i would like to add arcade buttons on my vci-100. i've some questions

1) is it possible to add illuminated buttons?

2) http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ARCADE-MACHINE...tem4156f54261: what do you believe? can i add this type of buttons?

3) i've done a big mistake and ordered the standard overlay and not the arcade overlay: can you help me to understand how to make the holes?

sorry for my bad english
Somer Vanstraten
Originally Posted by phantom
i've bought another overlay. now i don't know what to do with the first overlay....
sorry everyone for what i'm going to do

Hei, italiano anche qua, io quella volta ho fatto il lavoro di taglio senza ordinare un'altro overlay, semplicemente ho preso il file li cad che ti hanno postato e l'ho stampato in un foglio a3
te la fanno ovunque sta cosa
poi ho segnato dove andavano fatti i fori, ed ho forato
Irvin Welvaert
Originally Posted by fullenglishpint
No, the holes are in the wrong place.

If your VCI is silver, the original LEDs are green for off and orange for on. If it's black, it has green for off and blue for on.

You can use whichever LEDs you like as long as they're reasonably high output, but do you have any idea how you're going to install them??

perfetc! i will install white/blue leds and green/red led. it should be awesome! what do you believe?
Irvin Welvaert
edir
Irvin Welvaert
hey ciao "cionni", se puoi aggiungimi su msn o facebook e ne parliamo meglio

msn [email protected]
facebook ruben camilleri

spero nel tuo aiuto!
Somer Vanstraten
i've bought another overlay. now i don't know what to do with the first overlay....
sorry everyone for what i'm going to do

Hei, italiano anche qua, io quella volta ho fatto il lavoro di taglio senza ordinare un'altro overlay, semplicemente ho preso il file li cad che ti hanno postato e l'ho stampato in un foglio a3
te la fanno ovunque sta cosa
poi ho segnato dove andavano fatti i fori, ed ho forato
Irvin Welvaert
Irvin Welvaert
you could downloading edrwaing for mac, to open the file!
Tatum Ansaldo
I haven't got a program for opening CAD files.
Irvin Welvaert
and this?

http://www.djranking s.com/2009/07/2...iy-arcade-mod/

"IMPROVED CUT GUIDE (CAD)"
Tatum Ansaldo
As I said i've been looking for a template, haven't found one yet.
Irvin Welvaert
is it possible to stamp the overlay, so i can understand where i would to the holes?
Tatum Ansaldo
not without coming up with some ingenious DIY method. Let me know if you do!
Irvin Welvaert
it seem's there isn't a solution...
Tatum Ansaldo
you need something to fill in the spaces left by cutting the holes. If you look at people's photos from when they've done the mod themselves, the holes overlap and with nothing to fill the gap you'll have spaces between your buttons.

The best thing (if you're not going to get an arcade overlay) might be to apply the overlay as intended before cutting anything, then finding something to fill the holes.then at least the x-fader etc will have the funky textured plastic coating.
Irvin Welvaert
damn! i will pay a lot of taxes to recieve the overlay and i should pay a lot of taxes to resend and re-recive a new overlay!. maybe the only solution is that i don't use the bottom of the sticker.....
Tatum Ansaldo
won't work, with the holes for the jogwheels etc there isn't enough material in there. and it would look HORRIBLE most likely. I was looking around earlier actually to find a template for making an adaptation to the standard overlay. I have the standard SE and if I were to do the arcade mod it would be a pain in the ass to have to order a whole new overlay just for different sized holes at the bottom,

I was believeing of trying to pick up some similar style plastic, cutting the holes out then applying a strip with arcade size holes to the bottom section.

This might work for you, but I don't believe anyone has a template for the size of the holes and their position (most people just use the overlay).
Irvin Welvaert
Originally Posted by fullenglishpint

If your VCI is silver, the original LEDs are green for off and orange for on. If it's black, it has green for off and blue for on.

You can use whichever LEDs you like as long as they're reasonably high output, but do you have any idea how you're going to install them??

perfetc! i will install white/blue leds and green/red led. it should be awesome! what do you believe?
Irvin Welvaert
damn! maybe there is a solution: i should cut the central zone of the sticker and stick it at the bottom where i will fit the buttons: what do you believe? could be work?

(i hope you can understand me!!!)
Hipolito Scionti
You defo need the arcade overlay as the overlay covers the holes you cut in the metal.

You could make it work probably (maybe get some black vinyl stickers yourself but I suspect it will look bad.

I would only get the arcade buttons that DJTT suggest.
Tatum Ansaldo
so you believe that i can't mod the standard overlay@arcade overlay?

some question about leds: i would like to change them and i believe that every button has 2 led of different colors right? so for blue led i will choose white led but for red led? green led? which color rae original leds?

Irvin Welvaert
some question about leds: i would like to change them and i believe that every button has 2 led of different colors right? so for blue led i will choose white led but for red led? green led? which color rae original leds?
Irvin Welvaert
so you believe that i can't mod the standard overlay@arcade overlay?
Tatum Ansaldo
click search on the top toolbar of this community . Either that or google it, google will often link you back to DJTT and obviously works better as a search engine.
Irvin Welvaert
thank you fullenglishpint. could you help me to find some info? i don't know how to search...
Tatum Ansaldo
i live italy, the overlay is arriving from usa (i believe i will pay a lot of taxes...). i believe i can cut without problem the sticker
is it already on the way? The arcade button holes actually overlap the original holes and the arcade overlay fills the gaps. If there's an way of changing the order, do it.
Tatum Ansaldo
and those buttons look like they're probably too deep to fit into the casing of the VCI. Do a community search, there are a few people who've managed to implement LED arcade buttons but it's a lot of work.
Irvin Welvaert
i live italy, the overlay is arriving from usa (i believe i will pay a lot of taxes...). i believe i can cut without problem the sticker
Tatum Ansaldo
email DJTT support straight away and ask them to change it. You can't use the standard overlay for the arcade mod.

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy