Left deck High eq bounces around

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: Left deck High eq bounces aroundReply
Left deck High eq bounces around
Posted on: 14.02.2011 by Rocco Fiveash
Anyone have any ideas on why my "hi" on the EQ does not stay lined up with the knob on the unit? It is only on the left deck, and as a matter of fact, after a while it will drop out almost completely. I can use the mouse to bring it up in the software, but it bounces around and eventually drops low again. Twisting the knob trying to get it to work actually made the software light up like a Christmas tree (believe Traktor PRO in disco mode) and my vci-100 died. If i unplugged the USB for a bit, and plugged it back in , the power light would come on briefly. Only after re-flashing the firmware, it came back to life, but the "Hi" in the left decks Eq is stil wonky.

Using TP 1.2.7 w/ 1.4 fw , and 3.6.4 TSI.
Rocco Fiveash
Originally Posted by photojojo
Sounds kind of like how a dirty fader acts.
Can these rotary's be cleaned? Are they replaceable?

For shits and giggles, I tried Virtual DJ and sure enough, the "gain" in the software where that rotary is mapped to bounces all around.

Any suggestions?

Anyone?
Rocco Fiveash
Anyone have any ideas on why my "hi" on the EQ does not stay lined up with the knob on the unit? It is only on the left deck, and as a matter of fact, after a while it will drop out almost completely. I can use the mouse to bring it up in the software, but it bounces around and eventually drops low again. Twisting the knob trying to get it to work actually made the software light up like a Christmas tree (believe Traktor PRO in disco mode) and my vci-100 died. If i unplugged the USB for a bit, and plugged it back in , the power light would come on briefly. Only after re-flashing the firmware, it came back to life, but the "Hi" in the left decks Eq is stil wonky.

Using TP 1.2.7 w/ 1.4 fw , and 3.6.4 TSI.
Rocco Fiveash
Looks like I may need another rotary since the opening to get any cleaner in there is almost non existent. I took the VCI apart to see if there was a bigger opening aside from the one at the top when you take the cap off, but nope.

Ugh.

Anyone know a part # for these? Can parts like that be ordered to DJTT?
Leeanna Ayla
[ame="http://www.google.com/search?aq=f&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=caig+deoxit#q=caig+deoxit&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbo=u&tbs=shop:1&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wf&biw =1576&bih=861&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=9b8c12901f ab5c8d"]caig deoxit - Google Search[/ame]
Rocco Fiveash
Caig DeOxit , thats the name I was trying to believe of.. thanks.

Any ideas where I might be able to order this online?
Leeanna Ayla
I don't believe it's firmware. Blow some canned air inside the pot and can get some Caig DeOxit and try and spray it between the cracks in the pot to help clean it out.
Rocco Fiveash
Also, since I have already ruled out it being the software , could it be the firmware?

Thanks!
Rocco Fiveash
Originally Posted by photojojo
Can these rotary's be cleaned? Are they replaceable?

For shits and giggles, I tried Virtual DJ and sure enough, the "gain" in the software where that rotary is mapped to bounces all around.

Any suggestions?

Anyone?
Leeanna Ayla
Rocco Fiveash
@ZachDero: I bought it used, but it is from DJTT

@fullenglishpint: I do have VCI selected for both.

I sent it in for repair for an unrelated issue (right jog does not respond to touch), so when I get it back I am going to re-flash it with a different FW and see if it has the same issue.

Thanks for your replys!
Tatum Ansaldo
Do you have the VCI selected in the IN and OUT drop down menus in the top right hand side of controller manager?
Madalene Ranjan
How old is your VCI? Did you buy it from DJTT?

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy