painted jogs/knobs/faders

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: painted jogs/knobs/fadersReply
painted jogs/knobs/faders
Posted on: 27.03.2011 by Nobuko Flegle
so i painted my jogs and knobs/faders. on the jogs i used 1 coat of primer, 2 1 coat on the back side of them, and about 4-5 light coats on the front. btw, i used satin black and clear. the jogs were sort of a pain to pain. the paint liked to look like an orange peel texture. but by adding thin coats it fixed it. i then put 3 coats of clear on the jogs.

they came out looking pretty nice, and they still work perfect. i had to turn the sensitivity up just a hair.

the only thing that sucks is i lost one of my knobs sometime during the process . also you can still see a slight orange peel texture but only when the light is reflecting off of them. and it actually looks kind of cool.

i still have to scrape some of the paint that dripped down to the silver on the knobs as well.

anyone know where i can order a new silver knob?
Nobuko Flegle
Originally Posted by photojojo
Very nice!
thanks man. i had to pm ya the thread because iv been telling you i was going to get the job done for quite some time now.
Nobuko Flegle
Originally Posted by alex8337
Why would you replace them? They look excellent
no i meant buy 1 replacement for the missing knob. but turns out my siters boyfriend found it in his car from when i was in it with my vci.

but yeah they do look real nice. like i said i just have to finish scraping some black that dripped down on them. they do look nice

imo the jogs came out great too. the bit of texture actually looks nice, and not tacky at all. like i said you can only see it in the light reflection.
Nobuko Flegle
so i painted my jogs and knobs/faders. on the jogs i used 1 coat of primer, 2 1 coat on the back side of them, and about 4-5 light coats on the front. btw, i used satin black and clear. the jogs were sort of a pain to pain. the paint liked to look like an orange peel texture. but by adding thin coats it fixed it. i then put 3 coats of clear on the jogs.

they came out looking pretty nice, and they still work perfect. i had to turn the sensitivity up just a hair.

the only thing that sucks is i lost one of my knobs sometime during the process . also you can still see a slight orange peel texture but only when the light is reflecting off of them. and it actually looks kind of cool.

i still have to scrape some of the paint that dripped down to the silver on the knobs as well.

anyone know where i can order a new silver knob?
Nobuko Flegle
Originally Posted by photojojo
Very nice!
thanks man. i had to pm ya the thread because iv been telling you i was going to get the job done for quite some time now.
Leeanna Ayla
Very nice!
Nobuko Flegle
edit: finished scraping off the paint on the knobs. now they look finished.

Nobuko Flegle
Originally Posted by alex8337
no i meant buy 1 replacement for the missing knob. but turns out my siters boyfriend found it in his car from when i was in it with my vci.

but yeah they do look real nice. like i said i just have to finish scraping some black that dripped down on them. they do look nice

imo the jogs came out great too. the bit of texture actually looks nice, and not tacky at all. like i said you can only see it in the light reflection.
Karma Lucha

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy