Cut Files for VCI-100 Arcade Mod

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: Cut Files for VCI-100 Arcade ModReply
Cut Files for VCI-100 Arcade Mod
Posted on: 05.05.2010 by Darrick Briss
Hi,

i reade somewhere on DJ Tech tools :

>> Want to do this project yourself? Of course we provide all the goods! In >> about 3 weeks you can get a kit that contains:

>> A detailed tutorial DVD
>> the cut files for the machine shop
>> pre-soldered lead cables
>> arcade overlays
>> arcade buttons of your choice

But where can i get this Kit ?
Right now i have just ordered the Firmware Upgrade Kit and an overlay for the Arcade mod. I can order the Arcade Buttons in Germany, the pre-soldered cables, i can create by myself. (which diods have you used ?)

Can i get somewhere the Cut-Files ? (download, Email or maybe buy)
Would be very nice if you can provide these files.

Regards from Germany
Kabbi
Renae Stolk
Originally Posted by Kabbi
I have recived the overlay yesterday and i'm ready to cut out the holes. I ask an engineers of the company i work for to check out if our machine shop guys can cut the holes with the cut file i got from DJTechtools.

He says that it will be critical because there are no dimensions on the cut file and after loading the cut file in a CAD program and checking the dimensions by hand he encountered differences between the left an right side !

Does anybody have the exact dimensions (Positions) of the holes and a reference point on the Frontplate ? Or a technical drawing with measures of the VCI-100 frontplate ?

Regards
Kabbi
This is happening because you only have 1 of the 2 files that you will need to enter in to the machine to give you all the measurements. If you would like both of those .dxf files, just PM me with your email and I'll forward them to you asap. Or you can always call djranking s and have them send you both files.

- mike
Corine Kasman
I have recived the overlay yesterday and i'm ready to cut out the holes. I ask an engineers of the company i work for to check out if our machine shop guys can cut the holes with the cut file i got from DJTechtools.

He says that it will be critical because there are no dimensions on the cut file and after loading the cut file in a CAD program and checking the dimensions by hand he encountered differences between the left an right side !

Does anybody have the exact dimensions (Positions) of the holes and a reference point on the Frontplate ? Or a technical drawing with measures of the VCI-100 frontplate ?

Regards
Kabbi
If you give the guy the overlay he should be able to figure out where the holes have to go (he will use the other holes in the overlay to position it on the face). That way the holes are exactly right for the overlay, which is all you need!

Good luck, Phil.
Darrick Briss
Hi,

i reade somewhere on DJ Tech tools :

>> Want to do this project yourself? Of course we provide all the goods! In >> about 3 weeks you can get a kit that contains:

>> A detailed tutorial DVD
>> the cut files for the machine shop
>> pre-soldered lead cables
>> arcade overlays
>> arcade buttons of your choice

But where can i get this Kit ?
Right now i have just ordered the Firmware Upgrade Kit and an overlay for the Arcade mod. I can order the Arcade Buttons in Germany, the pre-soldered cables, i can create by myself. (which diods have you used ?)

Can i get somewhere the Cut-Files ? (download, Email or maybe buy)
Would be very nice if you can provide these files.

Regards from Germany
Kabbi
Renae Stolk

Regards
Kabbi
This is happening because you only have 1 of the 2 files that you will need to enter in to the machine to give you all the measurements. If you would like both of those .dxf files, just PM me with your email and I'll forward them to you asap. Or you can always call djranking s and have them send you both files.

- mike
Renae Stolk

Regards
Kabbi

- mike
Corine Kasman

Regards
Kabbi
If you give the guy the overlay he should be able to figure out where the holes have to go (he will use the other holes in the overlay to position it on the face). That way the holes are exactly right for the overlay, which is all you need!

Good luck, Phil.
Darrick Briss

Regards
Kabbi
Hang Postman
Yea, i remember on the community s, thee was a picture of the 4 buttons whith arcade buttons, to show you where they go, ill try to find it
-Glen
Treasa Maffucci
does anyone know where i could get a pdf cut file or some other printer friendly file instead of the CAD file provided by djtt. i would like to do the arcade mod and save some money by cutting the holes myself with a file as described by some members here. only problem is i do not want to purchase an arcade overlay and i do not know how to read the CAD files. can anyone help me out?
Hang Postman
I actually remember a picture of rectangular buttons then circular ones over it...
Darrick Briss
thank you very much !

I try it out and let you know ;-)
Leeanna Ayla
There's been some discussion in other threads about the kit not being made anymore, but you can piece it together yourself. The video video guide is here.

Get the 1.3 firmware here.

We discuss what diodes to use here. They're 1N4001 or IN4001.

This is the the cut guide. It's a CAD file meant for the machinist. I'm not sure if there's one you could print out and put on the VCI so you could trace it out and cut yourself. You would have to have access to a printer that could print larger size paper for that to work. You can buy an overlay and use it to trace it out here. (currently on backorder)
Corine Kasman
Hi Kabbi, welcome to the community s.

There is a lot of Arcade mod information in the community . Search for "diode" and you will find what people have used for their DIY Arcades. The cut file can be downloaded by clicking the very line that is underlined in your quote from the DJTT blog (its a DXF file that is very common in design and manufacturing). http://www.djranking s.com/2009/07/2...iy-arcade-mod/

Let us know if you have any troubles with the mod.

Phil.

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy