VCI 100 won't turn on after firmware update

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: VCI 100 won't turn on after firmware updateReply
VCI 100 won't turn on after firmware update
Posted on: 22.03.2010 by Dora Laffer
After I updated my firmware on my newly bought VCI it won't turn on. I saw a guy how had the same problem. I thought about returning the VCI untill I saw this.

Originally Posted by Sammyz
Did you have any problems after you installed your 1.3 firmware ? I can't get my vci100 to turn on, I thought i damaged my old vci so i went out and bought a new vci100,this time Iwas extra carefull ,I ran the firmware again and same thing happend ,It doesn't turn on .Can someone please help me out? thanks for your time.
Can anyone please help this is a pain in the ass!

S
Dora Laffer
After I updated my firmware on my newly bought VCI it won't turn on. I saw a guy how had the same problem. I thought about returning the VCI untill I saw this.

Did you have any problems after you installed your 1.3 firmware ? I can't get my vci100 to turn on, I thought i damaged my old vci so i went out and bought a new vci100,this time Iwas extra carefull ,I ran the firmware again and same thing happend ,It doesn't turn on .Can someone please help me out? thanks for your time.

S
Dora Laffer

S
Dora Laffer

S
Maryanne Weatherill
Originally Posted by phantom
i can fix your consolles but i live in italy :-(
Well thats handy. Just post how to fix it here. Im sure its not anything major so couldnt be that hard:S
Leeanna Ayla
And how would you do that?
Vernon Positano
Originally Posted by midifidler
Hey Sorensus,

Glad to hear you got it sorted
Can you please detail what you figured out so people with the same problem have some clues!

Cheers
Mike
Lol, the joys of one way community s
Dora Laffer

S
Judi Parral
Hi, i resolved the problem. I flashed the controller again and no problems
I finally have fw 1.4 !!!
Thanks for the help!
Irvin Welvaert
You must desolder the eeprom and reprogram it
Maryanne Weatherill
Well thats handy. Just post how to fix it here. Im sure its not anything major so couldnt be that hard:S
Irvin Welvaert
reprogramming the eeprom ;-)
Leeanna Ayla
And how would you do that?
Irvin Welvaert
Leeanna Ayla
Double check that the paper piece is put back securely and that the screws on the back are tight.
Judi Parral
Hello thank you for the fast response!

Im using serial to serial cable (the one from DJTT). With a very old XP computer that i have in my office. I just flashed it once and got a green message (can't remember what it said).

When i came back home, the VCI 100 does not turn on!

I believe that you are right and its still in "boot mode"... im going to try flashing it again tomorrow and see if i can fix it.
Rocco Fiveash
i remember seeing a post about this.. I believe it said something about the unit still being in "boot" mode. I can't find the thread, but I am sure it said you need to re-flash, but uninstall the software first and re-install before the flash.

What are your settings? and are you using a serial connection or USB to serial?

Give it a try and let us know.
Judi Parral
Hi,i have exactly the same problem. I made the firmware update, but now i can't turn on the VCI 100.
Vernon Positano
Originally Posted by midifidler
Hey Sorensus,

Can you please detail what you figured out so people with the same problem have some clues!

Cheers
Mike
Lol, the joys of one way community s
Adolf Hit
Hey Sorensus,

Cheers
Mike
Dora Laffer
Sorry, figured it out.

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy