new VCI-100 SE problems..

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: new VCI-100 SE problems..Reply
new VCI-100 SE problems..
Posted on: 12.03.2011 by Francina Bejan
EDIT - First problem solved - need help with problem in loading the mapping file in traktor le as shown in the posts below:
Tatum Ansaldo
Originally Posted by MaxOne
So the Traktor 1 demo can't import a tsi no?

http://co.native-instruments.com/ind...prodemoversion

I would never suggest using torrents ordinarily but in this case you may have been backed into a corner... You can use a torrent as a stop gap then uninstall and buy legit when they release tpro 2. DJTT have said there will be a mapping for tpro 2

You need 1.2.7. tpro 1 for now
I'm inclined to agree... There is no way you can currently buy either TP1 or TP2 so you might have no option. On the other hand it's only 2 weeks til the release of TP2 now.

and as Maxone also said, you can forget loading a tsi into LE because it doesn't work. The idea of LE is to be a teaser so you want to buy the full product, what would be the point if it had all the functionality of pro!
Hipolito Scionti
Originally Posted by DonDodger

But surely the trial / FULL LE version should be able to import the TSI file?
Forget LE, it won't work

This is from the store page: http://store.djranking s.com/products/vci-100se

Q) Does it come with Traktor Pro?
A) No, it ships with Traktor LE which can be upgrade to PRO for only $139. You do need to own Traktor 3 or Pro to take advantage of our custom mappings.

Are you saying you have tried purchasing tpro through the LE interface and it won't let you?

Have you tried dling the tpro demo via the NI website and then trying to purchase it?

i would hold out for tpro 2 if it means paying twice.
Francina Bejan
Hey DJs

EDIT

Problem solved
Hipolito Scionti
Not really, you can manually map traktor le to work with the VCI at a basic level, but to import the TSI and maximise the controller to its full you need tpro.

Almost all midi controllers ship with Traktor LE or Ableton LE. The expectation is always that you need to then upgrade the software to pro.

You just happen to be in that unfortunate position of being in between a major software update.

As I said, maybe DL a torrent of Tpro 1 as a stop gap then when Tpro2 comes out then buy it legit via upgrading from the LE or from the demo.
Francina Bejan
Thanks for ur help and patience guys, i guess im going to have to wait for pro 2.

I just dont see the logic in sending people software that is not compatible with the VCI? Its sort of like someone ordering a car but having it arrive with keys for a bike.. Lol

Anyways thanks for the help!
Tatum Ansaldo
Originally Posted by MaxOne

I would never suggest using torrents ordinarily but in this case you may have been backed into a corner... You can use a torrent as a stop gap then uninstall and buy legit when they release tpro 2. DJTT have said there will be a mapping for tpro 2

I'm inclined to agree... There is no way you can currently buy either TP1 or TP2 so you might have no option. On the other hand it's only 2 weeks til the release of TP2 now.

and as Maxone also said, you can forget loading a tsi into LE because it doesn't work. The idea of LE is to be a teaser so you want to buy the full product, what would be the point if it had all the functionality of pro!
Hipolito Scionti
Originally Posted by DonDodger

Forget LE, it won't work

This is from the store page: http://store.djranking s.com/products/vci-100se

Q) Does it come with Traktor Pro?
A) No, it ships with Traktor LE which can be upgrade to PRO for only $139. You do need to own Traktor 3 or Pro to take advantage of our custom mappings.

Are you saying you have tried purchasing tpro through the LE interface and it won't let you?

Have you tried dling the tpro demo via the NI website and then trying to purchase it?

i would hold out for tpro 2 if it means paying twice.
Francina Bejan
You mean the serial key on the back of the Traktor LE CD that comes with the VCI? Because ive entered the serial key on the back of the Traktor LE CD case. When i click on the little NI symbol at the top of the traktor software it says: FULL VERSION - 1.2.7

Or do i need a key from an official Traktor Pro software box to be able to import?
Leeanna Ayla
Have you tried contacting NI support? All you need is a serial number to plug into the demo and it turns into Tpro.
Francina Bejan
its so strange... ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling the demo multiple times, still the same problem
Hipolito Scionti

Francina Bejan
SORRY BUT THIS IS SO RIDICULOUS!!! THERE is no way i can pruchase and download traktor pro 1 online? I cant set up my VCI with the trial of Traktor Pro so i have to wait until APRIL 1st FOR TRAKTOR PRO 2?!

Is there even a mapping made for traktor pro 2??

There must be SOME WAY i can use my VCI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Francina Bejan
how do i buy traktor pro? the NI website keeps leading me to traktor pro 2 but thats out april 1st
Hipolito Scionti
you can't load it into LE, you need traktor pro
Francina Bejan
bump bump bump
Francina Bejan
Originally Posted by MrSteve81
See on your preferences tab you posted a picture of?

Click Controller Manager. You should be ok after that.
this is what i get when i click on controller manager on the preferences tab:

Shana Minsk
See on your preferences tab you posted a picture of?

Click Controller Manager. You should be ok after that.
Francina Bejan
...Anyone know about this problem?:eek:
Francina Bejan
i appreciate the help,

the wheel works fine now!

I dfownloaded the latest mapping file but my preferences window looks different to how it is in the manual..

There is no import tab and the bottom or a MIDI tab on the side, as i showed in the picture above.

Anyone know why this is happening?
Josette Hees
have you tried adjusting the jog wheel sensitivity of the little pots (little recessed + shapes on them) which are located beside the usb cable port of the VCI? You'll need a small screwdriver or something similar to do this.

As for setup instructions, download the latest VCI-100SE mapping (click the mappings tab at the top of this site) and there is a .pdf instruction manual included with it.
Francina Bejan
........anyone?
Francina Bejan
I got the mappings download, but im trying to import the TSI but my preferences window looks very different to the one in the manual:

There is no Midi tab, no import tab??

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy