Was this a good purchase?

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: Was this a good purchase?Reply
Was this a good purchase?
Posted on: 04.04.2011 by Ned Somerset
Just wondering if this was worth the money i paid for it.Pretty sure it is one of the first sets of SE arcade editions. Could anybody give me some more details about this badboy. Paid 350 for it.
thanks guys
Leeanna Ayla
Originally Posted by EanGolden
I would leave it as-is!
Originally Posted by fellis
I would keep that overlay for it's vintage value!
+1
Ned Somerset
Just wondering if this was worth the money i paid for it.Pretty sure it is one of the first sets of SE arcade editions. Could anybody give me some more details about this badboy. Paid 350 for it.
thanks guys
Danae Dumler
Ahh cool if you've got the latest mapping you've really got the features I was talking about. The advantage to 1.4 is the jog wheels and the pitch faders -- I find the pitch faders sooooo much more usable (you can change pitch in increments of .02 now instead of .07 or .08 or whatever it was). If you use the sync button all the time though it's probably not a big deal for you. And yeah the overlay isn't a big deal once you get used to the mapping anyway.
Ned Somerset
I have it running with the latest mapping. everything seems to be working well. Don't really need the newest overlay because I dont really look at the labels anyway. I paid 350 CND for the VCI and the guy threw in a M-Audio fast track pro soundcard for 50bucks.
Its running the 1.3 firmware. What would be the benefits besides the 4x Res on the jog wheels for ver. 1.4?
(was 50$ good for the soundcard?)
Danae Dumler
350 is an amazing price for that if you're talking USD. And yeah I suppose the vintage value gives it cool-points, but the 1.4 firmware and latest mapping really expands its capabilities dramatically; personally I would upgrade if I were you. But you might want to just use it as is for a while and see how you like it first; read up on the new firmware and see if you really want all those features. Far better investment than the plastic knobs and faders if you ask me....
Ned Somerset
oh Ill definitely be keeping it the way it is. Wanna get the better knobs and faders on it though. just waiting for the store to stock up
Leeanna Ayla
Originally Posted by EanGolden
I would leave it as-is!
Originally Posted by fellis
+1
Emilee Woytovich

yup- that was one of the first 100 arcades commercially made. The overlay is outdated, and does not match our latest mapping but that mapping was quite popular and still available. Email support@djranking s.com to learn which one matches your controller. I would leave it as-is!
Leeanna Ayla
email orders@djranking s and ask them if they know which batch it came from.
Tatum Ansaldo
no idea about batch.
Ned Somerset
Does anybody know the significance of the number on the back 87/100. Was this the first batch of SE arcades made?
Tatum Ansaldo
That will most likely have 1.3, 1.4 is the latest. It improved the sensitivity of the jogwheels and pitch faders to 4x the original level.
Ned Somerset
do you know which firmware version this might have. I've read that all SE's came with 1.3. not sure if this is correct
Tatum Ansaldo
yeh that's a reasonable deal, but the official mappings have changed a lot since that overlay was made and the firmware has been upgraded, so if you want to take full advantage you'd do well to get the newer overlay (bear in mind there may be an updated one soon for Traktor Pro 2) and a firmware upgrade kit. You may be able to find either or both of these on the buy and sell section of the community .

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy