VCI-100SE Mapping + Traktor Scratch Pro Control Vinyl?

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: VCI-100SE Mapping + Traktor Scratch Pro Control Vinyl?Reply
VCI-100SE Mapping + Traktor Scratch Pro Control Vinyl?
Posted on: 15.09.2010 by Anibal Dupes
Hi everyone,

I've been having lots of fun with the VCI-100SE mappings, as well as my Traktor Scratch Pro control vinyls for scratching. However I can't use both together. I can set up the VCI-100SE mapping easily enough, or the control vinyl using default settings for the VCI-100, but if I try to enable timecode control for scratching while the VCI-100SE mapping is imported, the control vinyl doesn't have any effect.

Additionally, the CUE/CUP buttons which usually change to little record icons when in control vinyl mode remain as CUE/CUP.

Has anyone had any luck in getting the VCI-100SE mapping to work with a control vinyl controlling one of your four decks? I basically want to have A/B on the VCI and scratch deck D with a control vinyl. Maybe there's something I need to do to the mapping to make it work?

I apologize if this has been posted before but I searched and honestly couldn't find it.
Anibal Dupes
Hi everyone,

I've been having lots of fun with the VCI-100SE mappings, as well as my Traktor Scratch Pro control vinyls for scratching. However I can't use both together. I can set up the VCI-100SE mapping easily enough, or the control vinyl using default settings for the VCI-100, but if I try to enable timecode control for scratching while the VCI-100SE mapping is imported, the control vinyl doesn't have any effect.

Additionally, the CUE/CUP buttons which usually change to little record icons when in control vinyl mode remain as CUE/CUP.

Has anyone had any luck in getting the VCI-100SE mapping to work with a control vinyl controlling one of your four decks? I basically want to have A/B on the VCI and scratch deck D with a control vinyl. Maybe there's something I need to do to the mapping to make it work?

I apologize if this has been posted before but I searched and honestly couldn't find it.
Mariah Hohne
Ohhhh... I must be mentally challenged, and have lost the manual:
there's a small button under the deck letter that allows to change between cue/cup and the deck modes... hope this helps!!
Mariah Hohne
Hi guys,

has any of you found out how to make this work?

I was using a recent version of Traktor Scratch Pro on Windows and had everything running smoothly with my VCI-100 and timecoded vinyls. I was given a macbook pro running OSX 1.4 and had to downgrade to Scratch Pro 1.2 as this is the last version supported in OSX Tiger.

Unfortunately I am now in the same situation: have the vci100 working smoothly, but even when I can see the timecoded vinyls spinning and reacting, they won't control the track and the CUE/CUP buttons stay there, no sign of the little record icons that were there in the newer version.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!
F
Anibal Dupes
Yes of course I'm using TSP. I have the control vinyl set up and working, just not when the VCI-100SE mapping is loaded.

I can click the A/B/C/D all day long, but it doesn't change the CUE/CUP buttons if the mapping is loaded. If I reset the mapping to the default VCI-100 mapping that comes with Traktor, then clicking the A/B/C/D will work.

I can even see the Scratch Panel after activating it, so I can see the signal coming in and changing when I move the record, it just has no effect on the track and the CUE/CUP remain.

I've tried it quite a few times, always the same results. I have to reset Traktor's mapping to the default one if I want to scratch with control vinyl.

Can you confirm which version of Ean's mapping you are using with your control vinyl?

I should note I'm doing this on Windows, I'll try it on my Macbook to confirm the problem on both OSes.
Lilliana Perris
You click on the deck letter (C or D in this instance and choose Timecode).

You will then see the little records (Absolute and Relative Mode) instead of CUP etc.

It works 100%.

I have been doing it for a while.

Got my upgrade to TSP today .....so will be rocking this exact setup over the weekend.

Let us know if you are successful!

Oh yeah....you have TSP right....not just TP?!?

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy