2 vci with one pc possible ?

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: 2 vci with one pc possible ?Reply
2 vci with one pc possible ?
Posted on: 12.04.2011 by Sal Catino
hi everybody,
my dream is to connect 2 vci + an audio soundcard on 1 pc to control 4 decks with a friend.
is there someone who have tried this config with Traktor Pro 1 or 2 ?
wich pc/config ?
thanks
Sal Catino
hi everybody,
my dream is to connect 2 vci + an audio soundcard on 1 pc to control 4 decks with a friend.
is there someone who have tried this config with Traktor Pro 1 or 2 ?
wich pc/config ?
thanks
Keeley Gobble
You could just import the mapping a second time and then move all mappings vom AB to CD wihting the mapping editor - there is a button for that.
Then One VCI will controll Decks A and B and the other one C and D
Instead of the crossfader you could work with the linefaders.
For FX you should split up the FX-Slots. Maybe slot 1 for Deck A and B and slot 2 for C and D.
Leonardo Papajohn
hmm i heard somethings about traktor 2 being able to sync 2 s4's but i wonder if thats an option only for the s4
Catrina Altenberg
That's a little tricky, I get around that by using the volume faders instead of the crossfader, or planning ahead so I can organize a couple of songs into a certain deck so we can simultaneously switch using the crossfader.
Leonardo Papajohn
what about crossfading, how does work out with it?
Catrina Altenberg
Yea this worksand ivebeen djing with that set up for a while. You can use the usual 3.4.6 mapping, and just have the other Dj set his buttons to control the other two decks. It gets a little tricky with effects and all but, that's all up to you guys to coordinate who does what. Im using traktor pro with a MacBook but I'm sure it'll work with most/any computer

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy