What do YOU use in the DJTT VCI mapping?

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: What do YOU use in the DJTT VCI mapping?Reply
What do YOU use in the DJTT VCI mapping?
Posted on: 09.04.2011 by Tatum Ansaldo
To support flashflooder's thread on ideas for the new TP2 VCI-100SE mapping, I thought I'd create a poll to find out which features are most commonly used, and maybe which we could do without to make way for new TP2 features.

This is for people using the VCI-100 with firware version 1.4 and the DJTT 3.6.4 mapping.

I've concentrated on the more specific DJTT custom functions, not the basic play/browse/EQ etc. Tick as many as you use. If there's something you believe you can definitely do without, please post a comment as well, and of course if there's something you believe I've missed please post it.

PLEASE DO NOT POST NEW MAPPING IDEAS HERE
If you have ideas for the new mapping, please post them here: http://www.djranking s.com/community /sho...886#post263886
Maryanne Weatherill
Originally Posted by -AyeAreTee
It feels like the new mapping is never coming
Josef Haroldsen
Originally Posted by ifazar
Never Slice, always Echo

+1
Hipolito Scionti
Originally Posted by fullenglishpint
personally I very rarely use the FX section (either for FX or loops) because I tend to use other controllers or fader FX.
Yeah true dat. 98% of the time I use fader fx for jazz or mainly just the echo/slicer and filters.

I've been dabbling with the sampler recently but obviously with sampler decks this will be obsolete soon anyway...
Tatum Ansaldo
To support flashflooder's thread on ideas for the new TP2 VCI-100SE mapping, I thought I'd create a poll to find out which features are most commonly used, and maybe which we could do without to make way for new TP2 features.

This is for people using the VCI-100 with firware version 1.4 and the DJTT 3.6.4 mapping.

I've concentrated on the more specific DJTT custom functions, not the basic play/browse/EQ etc. Tick as many as you use. If there's something you believe you can definitely do without, please post a comment as well, and of course if there's something you believe I've missed please post it.

PLEASE DO NOT POST NEW MAPPING IDEAS HERE
If you have ideas for the new mapping, please post them here: http://www.djranking s.com/community /sho...886#post263886
Maryanne Weatherill
Originally Posted by -AyeAreTee
Leonardo Papajohn
Josef Haroldsen
Originally Posted by ifazar
Never Slice, always Echo

+1
Jami Nejad
Loops with nobs buttons always seemed redundant.

New ever even played with sampler.
Jorge Conro
Never Slice, always Echo
Phylicia Englin
If you guys pick up a Midi Fighter.. ditch the cue's and juggler buttons
Hipolito Scionti
I must admit i seldom use the slice button... but use the echo a lot.

Might have been interesting if there had been two options for that... Like i'd swap slicer for CUP if I could be bothered to re-mapp it.

Also it wouldn't be that button it'd next to the other control buttons.
Tatum Ansaldo
interesting results so far, didn't believe the slice/echo buttons would be so popular!

keep em' coming, anyone who owns or uses a VCI-100 SE with the DJTT 3.6.4 mapping.
Rosaline Garel
Loop with knob control rules for me!

Andrea
Josef Haroldsen
i use the fx all the time, though my own selected fx.
i never use fader fx, or the slicer. but i use the echo all the time.

for my uses, the fx section in the top right is essential.
Hipolito Scionti
Originally Posted by fullenglishpint
personally I very rarely use the FX section (either for FX or loops) because I tend to use other controllers or fader FX.
Yeah true dat. 98% of the time I use fader fx for jazz or mainly just the echo/slicer and filters.

I've been dabbling with the sampler recently but obviously with sampler decks this will be obsolete soon anyway...
Tatum Ansaldo
Hipolito Scionti
I never use the loop under control fx.

I believe this is going to be tricky to do... i'm really interested to see what is planned?

I'm believeing a sampler mode is what's needed... eqs turn into volume/filters for the samples.

though i believe it will be important to be able to control some samples while 2 decks are in the mix...

ie airhorn blast and name drops etc.
Jolyn Brunello
i couldn't do without any of those functions personally so i voted for them all.

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy