Firmware Switch? Quick Question

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: Firmware Switch? Quick QuestionReply
Firmware Switch? Quick Question
Posted on: 23.04.2011 by Lena Schirado
Hey guys,

So I looked in the community s for the method to switch the firmware and I saw the video of ean explaining the firmware switch (at the time it was fw1.3 back to fw1.2) and I tried it but it did not work (or didn't give any indication of it working). So when I try mapping it on Ableton, the midi messages are being received and I see the tiny yellow blinking square in the top corner and even the "Data" Led on my VCI blinks but it just won't map the crossfader. Could someone help me figure it out please? I'm trying to map my vci to ableton (while I research a good controller for ableton live to DJ with).

Thank you in advance for the help!

-Marc.Elektro

P.s. I'm running FW 1.4 on a Macbook Pro 15 inch "Penryn" (Early 2008) and Ableton Live 8.
Lena Schirado
Hey guys,

So I looked in the community s for the method to switch the firmware and I saw the video of ean explaining the firmware switch (at the time it was fw1.3 back to fw1.2) and I tried it but it did not work (or didn't give any indication of it working). So when I try mapping it on Ableton, the midi messages are being received and I see the tiny yellow blinking square in the top corner and even the "Data" Led on my VCI blinks but it just won't map the crossfader. Could someone help me figure it out please? I'm trying to map my vci to ableton (while I research a good controller for ableton live to DJ with).

Thank you in advance for the help!

-Marc.Elektro

P.s. I'm running FW 1.4 on a Macbook Pro 15 inch "Penryn" (Early 2008) and Ableton Live 8.
Leeanna Ayla
I can't answer the ableton part, but when I flashed my VCI to 1.4 I tested the firmware switch and it still worked.

This test should still work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Frehvs6aJjA

That said I believe you would get the help you're actually looking for if I changed the title to 'Mapping VCI crossfader in Ableton' since that seems to be what you want to do.

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy