VCI Arcade Mod - Sanwa or Seimitsu??

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: VCI Arcade Mod - Sanwa or Seimitsu??Reply
VCI Arcade Mod - Sanwa or Seimitsu??
Posted on: 14.03.2011 by Janna Gutwein
I'm planning on hacking up my VCI100SE to give it some DECENT cue point triggers. I now realise why Ean came up with this mod to the vci. Any serious amount of juggling and your fingers/wrist start to ache BIG time. Anyway, enough waffling ... I'm gonna drop the stock buttons and replace with Seimitsu triggers. Obviously, the established route is to use Sanwa triggers but (a) I like to be differant, (b) seimitsu do a 24mm translucent version which can then be further hacked up to give led feedback, and (c) because I can!

My real question i guess is, has anyone tried the seimitsu 24mm range and found them to be harder to work than the Sanwa type. Also, on the Arcade overlay, is the arcade button cutout size the same as the button cutout or the outer ring?

Any thoughts / suggestions appreciated.
Shana Minsk
Originally Posted by tyfurious
Both buttons are the same size, although I can tell you that Sanwa is considered to be a higher quality button...
Not true at all. Seimitsu are different, not worse. Both buttons are fantastic, but the sanwas do have a slightly shorter travel range before making contact.
Janna Gutwein
I'm planning on hacking up my VCI100SE to give it some DECENT cue point triggers. I now realise why Ean came up with this mod to the vci. Any serious amount of juggling and your fingers/wrist start to ache BIG time. Anyway, enough waffling ... I'm gonna drop the stock buttons and replace with Seimitsu triggers. Obviously, the established route is to use Sanwa triggers but (a) I like to be differant, (b) seimitsu do a 24mm translucent version which can then be further hacked up to give led feedback, and (c) because I can!

My real question i guess is, has anyone tried the seimitsu 24mm range and found them to be harder to work than the Sanwa type. Also, on the Arcade overlay, is the arcade button cutout size the same as the button cutout or the outer ring?

Any thoughts / suggestions appreciated.
Janna Gutwein
Update : project now completed. Anyone interested can view the end result here ... http://www.djranking s.com/community /sho...?t=250&page=45
Shana Minsk
Originally Posted by tyfurious
Both buttons are the same size, although I can tell you that Sanwa is considered to be a higher quality button...
Not true at all. Seimitsu are different, not worse. Both buttons are fantastic, but the sanwas do have a slightly shorter travel range before making contact.
Gilma Marchini
Daine Remeika
seimitsu buttons have slightly stiffer springs then sanwa. I have both buttons in arcade stick i built. I plan on to the same vci mod with clear plunger seimitsu buttons for led feedback.
Madalene Ranjan
The arcade overlay cutout is the same size as the outer ring of the Sanwa buttons.

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy