2 VCI-100 Problems.. Help!?

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: 2 VCI-100 Problems.. Help!?Reply
2 VCI-100 Problems.. Help!?
Posted on: 19.04.2011 by Jeremiah Rothenburger
I was trying to make a mapping where the effect button would pretty much turn everything into another deck A>C - B>D. But i noticed that both the effect buttons (in the EQ section) send the same midi note as the effect buttons in the effects section

Is this a common problem with the VCI-100? if so, what can i do about it?

The second problem has to do with the jog wheels of my VCI-100, the left one doesnt seem to respond correctly to the touch sensitivity while the right one works perfectly. I've tried to change the sensitivity on the touch sensor levels but that also didn't solve it. It's almost as if its broken and i didnt see any related issues on the internet.

I'm using a normal VCI-100, no changes, original mapping, not sure which firmware though, bought it pretty early in its release so probably 1 or 1.1

Any suggestions ?
Thanks
Jeremiah Rothenburger
I was trying to make a mapping where the effect button would pretty much turn everything into another deck A>C - B>D. But i noticed that both the effect buttons (in the EQ section) send the same midi note as the effect buttons in the effects section

Is this a common problem with the VCI-100? if so, what can i do about it?

The second problem has to do with the jog wheels of my VCI-100, the left one doesnt seem to respond correctly to the touch sensitivity while the right one works perfectly. I've tried to change the sensitivity on the touch sensor levels but that also didn't solve it. It's almost as if its broken and i didnt see any related issues on the internet.

I'm using a normal VCI-100, no changes, original mapping, not sure which firmware though, bought it pretty early in its release so probably 1 or 1.1

Any suggestions ?
Thanks
Jeremiah Rothenburger
Thanks alot for the help guys! I finally fixed my jog wheel by following the video tutorial, it worked staight away .
Tatum Ansaldo
midi note duplication is a firmware issue and not fixable without upgrading.

for the jog wheel:

http://www.djranking s.com/2010/10/0...l-vci-100-300/

http://www.djranking s.com/2010/08/1...ers-jog-wheel/
Waylon Domenici
does the wheel respond at all to touch? if not, there is a metal prong thing inside the touches the spindle of the wheel to conduct the touch info - it's possible this has bent and is no longer touching the wheel. Unlikely if you've never taken it apart though.
Jeremiah Rothenburger
Thanks for the quick reply man, i was already kind of believeing that outdated firmware could be a problem, wasn't sure though. But thanks alot man i'l definitely look into it and give this one a try.
Any other suggestions anyone ?
Catrina Altenberg
Not an expert but I believe the midi note problem has something to do with the firmware you're on. Apparently 1.1 and 1.2 have this problem. You'll need to update your firmware with the djtt firmware update kit. You can get it at the store. Djtt offers the firmware for free so once you get the kit it's pretty much a matter of downloading the firmware and following the instructions. Can someone verify? Hope this helps

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy