Anyone mapped the Akai LPD8 with Traktor?

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: Anyone mapped the Akai LPD8 with Traktor?Reply
Anyone mapped the Akai LPD8 with Traktor?
Posted on: 04.02.2011 by Stefanie Edlin
I want to use these pads for cue spots on decks 3 + 4, like instead of having to hit the keyboard to play these cue points I want to hit the Akai.

Anyone done something like this before?
Jacki Agrillo
Originally Posted by virtuexru
I want to use these pads for cue spots on decks 3 + 4, like instead of having to hit the keyboard to play these cue points I want to hit the Akai.

i have something similar

PADS
Pad-Mode
DeckCCue 1 - 2 - 3 - 4
DeckDCue 5 - 6 - 7 - 8

CC-Mode
DeckCCue 5 - 6 - 7 - 8
DeckDCue 1 - 2 - 3 - 4

KNOBS
DECKC Volume - Filter - Play - FX3 D/W
DECKD Volume - Filter - Play - FX4 D/W

(if Volume is turned off, Pads acts with velocity. So as harder you hit as louder it sounds)
Tatum Ansaldo

Welcome to the community .

I imagine most people who own an LPD8 and Traktor have done that lol, do a bit of research on midi mapping by searching this community and reading the Traktor manual and I'm sure you'll find it really easy.

The command you're looking for in controller manager is "select, set & store hotcue"
Stefanie Edlin

Sherley Headden
Hi I was having loads of trouble trying to map my akai lpd8 to, this video may help.

http://www.djtechmag.com/traktor-mid...ping-akai-lpd8

if you have any questions please ask and i will do my best to help.
Jacki Agrillo
Thank you for the reply and upload. However when I load this TSI into Traktor, even though I'm getting a MIDI response when I hit the pads (I can see the blue icon light up in Traktor) it's not actually responding.
Have you configured it in the LPD8 Editor? there are 2 files in the zip
one is a Tsi the other is the config file for the LPD8
Stefanie Edlin
Hey nevermind I figured it out, heres my TSI file if anyone needs, it assigns hotcues to all eight pads for DECK C for sound FX and stuff. I'll make a more robust one later, this is all I needed for now :P
Stefanie Edlin
Hey Stuc,

Thank you for the reply and upload. However when I load this TSI into Traktor, even though I'm getting a MIDI response when I hit the pads (I can see the blue icon light up in Traktor) it's not actually responding. It doesn't look like its mapped when I load it in (there is only one line in the Controller manager). Am I supposed to load it up a special way?
Jacki Agrillo

i have something similar

PADS
Pad-Mode
DeckCCue 1 - 2 - 3 - 4
DeckDCue 5 - 6 - 7 - 8

CC-Mode
DeckCCue 5 - 6 - 7 - 8
DeckDCue 1 - 2 - 3 - 4

KNOBS
DECKC Volume - Filter - Play - FX3 D/W
DECKD Volume - Filter - Play - FX4 D/W

(if Volume is turned off, Pads acts with velocity. So as harder you hit as louder it sounds)
Tatum Ansaldo

Welcome to the community .

I imagine most people who own an LPD8 and Traktor have done that lol, do a bit of research on midi mapping by searching this community and reading the Traktor manual and I'm sure you'll find it really easy.

The command you're looking for in controller manager is "select, set & store hotcue"

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy