Identifying a DTT VCI VS user built unit

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: Identifying a DTT VCI VS user built unitReply
Identifying a DTT VCI VS user built unit
Posted on: 17.05.2011 by Eugenio Rodig
Hello!

I'm about to buy a used VCI100 SE with arcade buttons, but before I commit I'd like to try establish the history of the unit.

- I see that the arcade versions currently sold in the DTT shop have blue printing. The one I'm after looks like a standard SE (orange lettering matching the 1.4 mapping layout) but with arcade buttons.
Have DTT's always used blue?

- The unit doesnt appear to be signed by Mr Golden but it does have various ranking s stickers but I dont see any in the shop with these logos.
Are all DTT-built units hand signed?

So, could it be either a DTT original arcade model, a DTT SE user modded for arcade buttons or a Vestax unit user modded from ground up?

Either way I'm keen to buy, just want to guage how well it may have been built! The seller bought it used recently himself.
It has nice arcade buttons, the latest 1.4 firmware and corresponding overlay so should be happy days for me.

Ta
Eugenio Rodig
Hello!

I'm about to buy a used VCI100 SE with arcade buttons, but before I commit I'd like to try establish the history of the unit.

- I see that the arcade versions currently sold in the DTT shop have blue printing. The one I'm after looks like a standard SE (orange lettering matching the 1.4 mapping layout) but with arcade buttons.
Have DTT's always used blue?

- The unit doesnt appear to be signed by Mr Golden but it does have various ranking s stickers but I dont see any in the shop with these logos.
Are all DTT-built units hand signed?

So, could it be either a DTT original arcade model, a DTT SE user modded for arcade buttons or a Vestax unit user modded from ground up?

Either way I'm keen to buy, just want to guage how well it may have been built! The seller bought it used recently himself.
It has nice arcade buttons, the latest 1.4 firmware and corresponding overlay so should be happy days for me.

Ta
Eugenio Rodig
Cheers.
I'd always preferred the brighter coloured arcade buttons but I like the fact these look a bit like a set of piano keys. Makes it look 'musical'
Hipolito Scionti
You got a nice one there mate
Eugenio Rodig
SOLD! It's mine now, all mine...
Looks kosha and I'm busy viewing all the tutorials now

Anyone here used to own it perchance?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Eugenio Rodig
Thanks man, solid answer. Cheers.

Feeling more confident now, will prob go ahead and enjoy a fantastic unit.
Looking forward to TS2 too.
Tatum Ansaldo
The blue overlay is the old version 2 mapping, some of the photos in the store are old. You can tell by the fact that what are now the deck sync buttons are labeled as C&D. There should actually be a new overlay available before long when the new TSP2 mapping comes out.

I don't believe they're all individually signed any more. Your best bet is probably to have a look inside (you only need to take the back cover off, which is about 5 screws) and see if whoever did it made a good job of the soldering and insulating on the buttons.

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy