VCI-100 only for bedroom DJ's?

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: VCI-100 only for bedroom DJ's?Reply
VCI-100 only for bedroom DJ's?
Posted on: 24.05.2011 by Petio Petev
What do you believe about DJTT pitching the VCI as the tool for bedroom DJ's in the new store layout?
So Francis
Originally Posted by BradCee
i personally would give a shit then
Pun intended?
Petio Petev
Originally Posted by MaxOne
I just don't believe it's very ranking s to label something "bedroom". It just goes against the ethos a bit. Ean was rocking oxygen 8s and modding controllers in clubs from day 1. At the end of the day that was the tech tools vibe.

Ok now they are going with midifighters as the USP, I get that...

I would have labelled the VCI as "Classic TechTools Gear" or something like that.

Bedroom is just a bit of a naff label for something so cool.
It seems an odd move to me, given the weight DJTT now carries and its historic roots with this controller, it does feel like the VCI's status has been somewhat downgraded by this move, possibly for commercial reasons who knows. But imo most DJ's don't aspire to rock a bedroom surely.
Dorcas Bassignani
Originally Posted by photojojo
I have no inside knowledge on any of the DJTT store workings, but maybe since the VCI they're selling isn't even being made anymore they've decided not to focus so much attention on it.
was in back of my mind...
Petio Petev
What do you believe about DJTT pitching the VCI as the tool for bedroom DJ's in the new store layout?
Rosalind Allon
I don't give a shit what it's labeled as. It's a great tool for DJing.

Like someone said above Ean was out at clubs rocking a Oxy8 with a custom mapping. After that it was the vci-100.

What matters at the end of the day is what is pumping out the speakers and how that sounds.
Reatha Alkire
I've started to play out with mine around the North East Coast(NYC/NJ/NE/Cuse) I use it to it's fullest potential "Audio Manipulation Gymnastics" Everyone I know wants to come over and 'play' with it. It's amazing the amount of spectators/Dj's who aren't hip to it. Like I always say "this is the future...5 years ago"
Dorcas Bassignani
as weak as it was, yes
So Francis
Originally Posted by BradCee
Pun intended?
Dorcas Bassignani
Morris Naggar
guys..cmon...who cares even if its in ''toilet dj'' category..
Dorcas Bassignani
just another way of saying 'beginner' innit? just a generalised experience band at end of the day
Hipolito Scionti
They should just drop that category all together in fact.

Stick the VCI-100 in the controllerist section but bury it if they are fazing it out.

Bedroom DJ is just such a naff category and is degrading to the whole brand IMO.
Petio Petev
Originally Posted by MaxOne
I just don't believe it's very ranking s to label something "bedroom". It just goes against the ethos a bit. Ean was rocking oxygen 8s and modding controllers in clubs from day 1. At the end of the day that was the tech tools vibe.

I would have labelled the VCI as "Classic TechTools Gear" or something like that.

It seems an odd move to me, given the weight DJTT now carries and its historic roots with this controller, it does feel like the VCI's status has been somewhat downgraded by this move, possibly for commercial reasons who knows. But imo most DJ's don't aspire to rock a bedroom surely.
Hipolito Scionti
apart from the fact it's the main category on the landing page thus giving it maximum exposure *shrugs*

Dorcas Bassignani
Originally Posted by photojojo
I have no inside knowledge on any of the DJTT store workings, but maybe since the VCI they're selling isn't even being made anymore they've decided not to focus so much attention on it.
was in back of my mind...
Leeanna Ayla
Gilma Marchini
VCI is boss, it's just not mainstream. It's like the argument of TTs vs CDJs vs Digital. Use what fits you best and pray that club owners aren't prejudice.
Rosaline Garel
ok, we can say it's semi-PRO...
Dorcas Bassignani
meh, makes sense in a way... cheaper (just) than S4 and is a little less pro (if we're honest)

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy