USB pin configuration on the B socket

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: USB pin configuration on the B socketReply
USB pin configuration on the B socket
Posted on: 22.06.2011 by Jessika Kienast
Does anyone know what's the exact pin configuration for the USB socket on the VCI-100? I'm believeing of soldering a 4 pin mini XLR socket there. Have already done up the cable and I'm quite sure what I've soldered on the female XLR connector is a mirror image of the pins on the male socket but it doesn't seem to work. Since I only have 4 pins, I've not connected the shield ground. Is this necessary for the USB connection to the VCI-100 to work properly?

When I plugged it in, I got this device is not installed properly message on my Windows 7 Ultimate notebook. Luckily nothing blew and the VCI-100 still works properly with a USB connector into its B socket.
Jessika Kienast
Does anyone know what's the exact pin configuration for the USB socket on the VCI-100? I'm believeing of soldering a 4 pin mini XLR socket there. Have already done up the cable and I'm quite sure what I've soldered on the female XLR connector is a mirror image of the pins on the male socket but it doesn't seem to work. Since I only have 4 pins, I've not connected the shield ground. Is this necessary for the USB connection to the VCI-100 to work properly?

When I plugged it in, I got this device is not installed properly message on my Windows 7 Ultimate notebook. Luckily nothing blew and the VCI-100 still works properly with a USB connector into its B socket.
Jessika Kienast
There are 5 pin mini XLR connectors. My aim in using a XLR connection is because it can lock so I don't have to worry when I'm prancing about on stage.
Leeanna Ayla
I have no idea, but what about using a midi cable to get more pins.
Jessika Kienast
The reason I'm believeing of doing this is because I'd like to mount guitar quick release studs on the side (with a reinforcing plate running half the width inside) so that I can hang the VCI-100 across my shoulders and play it like a keyboard (sort of) on stage. Wanted a more secure connection which the normal USB connector cannot provide.

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy