VCI 100 Problems

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: VCI 100 ProblemsReply
VCI 100 Problems
Posted on: 12.04.2011 by Somer Vaudo
Hi,

I am having problems after doing the 1.4 firmware update. Initially all seemed fine, disco mode worked and all was well. Then suddenly, the controls are affecting each other, particularly the pitch faders that are altering the mixer settings. It seems that most controls are affecting each other and its pretty unusable.

I have re-installed the tsi many times (using the large button) re-started and all the usual stuff, even tried a different PC and Traktor Pro 2 all give pretty similar results, is it possible the VCI has a fault? The data light stays on in some pitch fader positions.

Thanks!
Somer Vaudo
Hi,

Yes, apparently a rare fault, it was the 'motherboard' at a cost of about
Somer Vaudo
Hi,

Somer Vaudo
Hi,

Somer Vaudo
Hi,

Somer Vaudo
Hi,

Somer Vaudo
Hi,

Somer Vaudo
Hi,

Somer Vaudo
Hi,

Somer Vaudo
Hi,

Somer Vaudo
Hi,

Emelia Gruhl
Originally Posted by fantasywebm
Hi,

I don't, I just load one at a time, so just to be sure, I just have generic keyboard and VCI-100SE v3.6.4 PC [FW 1.4]
Uhm...isn't the 3.6.4 meant to be for the MK I? Just like the name says VCI-100SE with Firmware 1.4...
Tatum Ansaldo
Hi, Yes that is a good point, in fact I have them set to USB Audio Device
Sounds like you're looking at the wrong drop down menus. Click where it says 'Big Import Button' in my sig and look in the top right. Where it says midifighter in IN and OUT, it should say VCI-100 when you have your VCI mapping selected in the main drop down.
Somer Vaudo
Hi,

I am having problems after doing the 1.4 firmware update. Initially all seemed fine, disco mode worked and all was well. Then suddenly, the controls are affecting each other, particularly the pitch faders that are altering the mixer settings. It seems that most controls are affecting each other and its pretty unusable.

I have re-installed the tsi many times (using the large button) re-started and all the usual stuff, even tried a different PC and Traktor Pro 2 all give pretty similar results, is it possible the VCI has a fault? The data light stays on in some pitch fader positions.

Thanks!
Ardell Semrad
Hi! this is a real long shot but i had a problem. With me tho it was a case of a couple of the special effects were on without me realising after playing with the fader effects. Ones like reverb etc and the machine just kept playing even tho there were no tracks loaded and everything went a bit pear shaped, I turned the effects off and that solved everything.

good luck
IPM
Somer Vaudo
Hi,

Maddie Heasley
I'm having similar problems, although i hadn't upgraded to the 1.4 firmware.
The faders are not working right.
What is the "main PCB" that was replaced and solved your problem?

tnx
Somer Vaudo
In fact this was caused by the main PCB being faulty (the one with the buttons on). This has now been replaced by Over Audio www.overaudio.co.uk Meanwhile I bought an S4!
Emelia Gruhl
Hi,

I don't, I just load one at a time, so just to be sure, I just have generic keyboard and VCI-100SE v3.6.4 PC [FW 1.4]
Uhm...isn't the 3.6.4 meant to be for the MK I? Just like the name says VCI-100SE with Firmware 1.4...
Shyla Nurmi
I just installed Traktor Pro.. and i want to connect a Vestax VCI 100 MKII.. (i have windows xp)...

So.. when i connect it.. and run traktor pro.. i go to "Audio Setup > Audio Device" and i have three options:

a) ASIO VCI 100 MKII Driver (not connected)

b) VCI 100 MKII DJ CONTROLLER (i guess this options is for MACS.. i can use the controller with that but i have some rare noises while playing)

c) Realtek Audio output (sounds from the pc)

The manual says that Windows users have to use option "a" ... but i always have this "not connected" issue.. also.. as soon as i plug the controller.. sometimes my pc recognices the device..and i have an icon on my taskbar.. sometimes not...

Sorry if my english isnt perfect (im from Peru)...

but i really need your help.
Somer Vaudo
Hi,

Thanks for your reply...

I don't, I just load one at a time, so just to be sure, I just have generic keyboard and VCI-100SE v3.6.4 PC [FW 1.4] I load them twice, restarting traktor each time and selecting the in and out ports to the appropriate entry.

Anything else you can believe of? This is taking over my life!!
Leeanna Ayla
Do you have any other mappings loaded?
Somer Vaudo
So now, I am at a total loss, I don't mind trying anything, could there be something obvious I am overlooking? I am considering buying another VCI just to see if there is any difference. I haven't heard about the VCI ever being 'faulty' in this respect, but, I am really running out of options. Has the DJTT workshop ever come across this? Someone talk to me please!
Somer Vaudo
What can cause one control on the VCI to effect multiple others in Traktor, is that called bleeding? Certainly is what I am calling it LOL. Could this possibly be an earthing issue?
Somer Vaudo
Hi,

Yes, that where I am selecting, seems to be USB Audio Device on XP and Vestax PC Controller in Win 7. Please see this image...

http://www.justoffbase.com/VCI.jpg

Any other ideas, PLEASE!??
Tatum Ansaldo
Hi, Yes that is a good point, in fact I have them set to USB Audio Device
Sounds like you're looking at the wrong drop down menus. Click where it says 'Big Import Button' in my sig and look in the top right. Where it says midifighter in IN and OUT, it should say VCI-100 when you have your VCI mapping selected in the main drop down.
Somer Vaudo
Update on my last post....

I have reflashed the 1.4 firmware, disco mode proves its installed OK? But, I am getting really bad problems, only occasionally will this perform as it should. The weird thing is that, sometimes its starts off ok, but then gradually deteriates to the point of being unusable, with a single control effecting multiple others. I can replicate this behaviour on other computers, XP and windows 7. I was on the point of deciding that it was the VCI itself, but then why would it sometimes work, and works fine with the 1.4 basic tsi that was recently posted (thanks!)

I would really appreciate some help with this!

Thanks!
Somer Vaudo
Hi, Yes that is a good point, in fact I have them set to USB Audio Device since that is the only option I have with Win XP. I notice with Win 7 I have the choice of Vestax PC Controller, so I am guessing that info is coming from the OS when the hardware first installs itself? (I would use this but I have issues with Traktor crashing that I am working through with NI)

Honestly, since I started all this, I have never had so many issues with various things, seem to spend more time getting the gear to work than playing! Between 2 PC's, 2 Traktors, and 3 OS's just about manage to cobble something together to make some dodgy sounds!
Tatum Ansaldo
Sounds like you have your in/out ports set to 'all ports'.

Select the VCI in both drop down menus.
Somer Vaudo
Hi,

Thanks for your reply, I haven't yet, I guess that's got to be worth a go, and I will be able to report if the upgrade tool still works after going through the washing machine!

Cheers!
Rocco Fiveash
Did you try and reflash it?

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy